Doctor Derk Hale pt 2

"Doctor. What are you doing here? It's your week off." Melissa called as she saw Derek walk in.
"I'm visiting someone." He called back.
"That girl that we saved a couple days ago?" She asked as she walked behind him.
"Yes. How's she doing?"
"Pretty good. She's pretty stable. Just sleeps a lot. I assume from the painkillers and trauma."
Derek had to chuckle at this.
"She's in room 404. You can go in and see her."
Derek walked in the room to see the girl watching a show on the old TV that was still bolted to the wall.
"Hey."
She looked over and furrowed her brows in confusion.
"I'm Derek hale." She still didn't seem to remember him. "I was the doctor that found you out in the woods. I drove you to the hospital and made sure you were looked at."
"Oh yeah. Doctor handsome." Her eyes went wide as soon as she said it and Derek knew she regretted ever speaking. "I-I'm so sorry."
"No no, it's fine. I get it a lot." He chuckled.
Dereks ears kicked in and heard her heartbeat pick up.
"Are you alright? In any pain?" He asked concerned as a doctor... and maybe more than that.
"No... why?"
"You seem like you're in pain. You're heart rate is increasing dramatically."
"How do you know that?" She asked suspiciously.
"Uh..." Derek didn't think of a way to cover up the fact that he could hear her heartbeat with his ears "you're connected to a heart rate monitor... I can hear it all." He pointed to the machine that beeped faster than normal.
Derek was saved for that moment but he would never be able to keep it from her if they started dating.
Started dating? How could you think like that? You just saved her from dying and all you're thinking about is a date? Wow... what a good doctor, Hale. You're lucky she's not your patient. Otherwise you'd be convicted of felonies at this point! He mentally facepalmed and looked back at her.
"Oh.." she said simply and looked at the annoying machine.
The doctor came back in and Derek stood to leave.
"Make sure to monitor her blood levels and heart rate. She seems to be having a fluctuating heart rate." He whispered to the doctor. The doctor nodded and Derek walked out.

The next day was a long one. He was trying to hold off seeing her again, hoping to not look creepy, but he had to see her. He had to know what she was doing and how she was doing. He got up from his couch and drove to the hospital.
"You can't see her today." Melissa chirped as he walked in
"Why not?" Derek asked as he stopped to look at her.
"She went into some sort of shock. Doctors can't figure it out. This morning she started complaining of pain and an hour later she was crying hysterically over it."
"Let me see her. I can fix her."
"You're not her doctor Derek."
"That doesn't matter. She's a patient who needs help. Let me see her. Now."
Melissa nodded and snuck him into her room where she was still crying in pain.
"Hey." He whispered. She tried to say his name but he had to shush her.
"You can't let anyone know I'm here. I have to do this quietly. Can I take a look at you?" She nodded as she sniffled heavily and he lifted her gown. He physically cringed as he looked at her stitches. They were red, puffy, oozing and definitely not okay.
"They are infected! Who even did these stitches? Satan himself?" Derek growled.
"They hurt." She whimpered as he touched them delicately.
"I know.. I know. We will fix you all up." He turned to Melissa and spoke some Doctor words to her for supplies she needed. He turned back to the girl in pain and stroked her face with his wrist.
"You'll be okay I promise. I'm going to fix up these stitches, you'll feel all better after I promise!"
She nodded and Melissa walked back in with the supplies.
"Okay. I'm gonna need you to be really brave for me. I want you to look at me while I do this okay? You have to stay quiet or the others will know and I could lose my job for this."
She nodded again and Derek started to cut the bad stitches. She groaned in pain but kept quiet.
"There you go. You're going great."
He removed all the bad stitches and started to place the new ones.
"Ouch." She mumbled.
"I know it hurts I'm so sorry." Derek sympathized.
Soon Derek was done with the stitches and he smiled at y/n.
"Look you're all done now. Completely over. And you actually have good stitches this time!"
She slightly laughed abs derek wiped away the tears from her eyes and kept his hand gently on her face. He looked into her eyes and she looked at him. His heart fluttered to see her look at him like that.
He wished he could kiss her but that would be so wrong. So wrong.