Barista Brew pt 3

Dereks pov
It's been another month and we made finalisations one the apartment.
"There it is. Last piece to bring it all together." She smiled and pushed her hands to her hips as she stepped back to look at the frame she placed in my bedside table.
"Well it's all perfect." Derek sighed in content at her.
"Yeah. I think we did good." She nodded "maybe now people won't think you're some drug dealer or a serial killer."
"People do not think that about me." I chuckled
Her eyes widened and she gritted her teeth looking away. My smile dropped. "Wait... people think that about me?"
"When your apartment looks like a home ready to leave and your only decor is dust bunnies... yeah."
I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed.
"Well then I'm glad I don't look like that anymore."
"Nah. It's alright. You'd be a hot serial killer anyway." She wrapped her arms around my waist and pressed her ear to my chest. There was a long silence, mostly since I was lost in thought, but then I spoke up
"You don't... actually mean that right?" I questioned "what?"
"That id be a hot serial killer?"
"Well you would be a hot serial killer."
"So you'd still be attracted to me?"
"Because your hot or because you're a serial killer?"
"I feel like their shouldn't be this many conditions. I'm a serial killer. I feel like that should take precedence over my face."
"Right..." she squinted her eyes at me and nodded.
"It would take precedence right?"
"Uh huh." She nodded but averted her eyes.
"God you're hopeless." I grumbled and pinched the bridge of my nose.
"But I think it's just because I know you'd never hurt anyone. It's hard to imagine me having to make that decision because I just can't see it." She smiled. She wrapped her arms around my waist and somehow I felt guilty. I felt like I was putting on some face. I knew she would never forgive me if I put her into the supernatural world.
"What's that look for?" She asked
"What? What look?"
"That look. It's a concerning look."
"There's no look."
"Yes there is Derek. I know you."
I sighed and knew she wouldn't drop it. I have to tell her.
"Okay. I'm going to need you to sit down for this."
She took a seat on the bed and watched me intently.
"Y/n. I don't know how else to say it so I just will... I'm... a werewolf."
She chuckled and stood.
"Okay. Good one." I grabbed her arm as she tried to walk away
"I'm serious."
"And I'm a werewolf too."
"Y/n." I sighed "look." I flashed my eyes and she jumped.
"What the hell was that?"
"I told you I'm a werewolf."
"You're not kidding." She whispered
"I'm not."
"Are there more of you?"
"Werewolves?" She just nodded in response "yes. Scott, Liam, and Isaac are werewolves. Lydias a banshee, Kira is a kitsune, and Malia is a werecoyote."
"Okay wait! Hang on! Kitsune?! What's that? And werecoyote?! Can anything be a wereanimal?!"
"Okay. Kitsune is a fox spirit. And I don't know about the any animal question."
"So when you go over to their houses it's like a supernatural meeting?!"
"Yeah."
"It all makes so much sense now." She laughed
"What?"
"I mean you leaving, and hanging out with high schoolers, and when you get grumpy you get crazy strong. I mean last week you practically pulled the door off it's hinges. And you do like this purring thing when you sleep."
"I do not." I scoffed
"Yes you do!"
"I refuse to believe that."
"Okay." She teased.
"Careful. Or the wolf might eat you." I grabbed her by the waist and kissed her cheek.
"You could never." She gasped
"I could." I growled and kissed her cheek again.
"You couldnt! You wouldn't!" She swooned and I pulled her back up.
"I wouldn't."
She looked at me and placed her hand on my cheek. She leaned up and placed a soft kiss on my lips. My brows furrowed and I kissed her back. I gripped her waist and waited for her to pull away.
"I thought you wanted it to be special." I asked when she finally pulled away.
"It was."
I smiled at her and she tugged on her lip with her teeth to avoid smiling wide.
"So you're not upset about me not telling you?"
"Here's the thing Derek. Would I have preferred if you told me sooner? Yes. But the thing is, I understand why you didn't. You were scared I'd judge you. That I wouldn't give you a chance. That I would run for the hills. And that's fair. I just want you to know you can tell me anything about you, about your life, and I won't think lesser of you. Don't think so low of me."
"I would never." I shook my head and pulled them closer "I always think of you highly."
"Good." She giggled "I'm glad."
"And one other thing." I added
"Yes?"
"I want you to know... I can become a full wolf."
"What?! Show me!"
I felt my body tingle as she watched and soon I was a black shadow of a wolf.
"Holy shit." She gasped "you're like a puppy!"
I felt my tail wag so I snapped at it. I couldn't let her know I enjoyed it.
I grumbled and swiped at my face with my paw in a motion of discountenance.
"Aww don't be so bitter Derek! You're a cute wolf!"
I walked away, unable to contain myself with the compliments anymore.
"No derek! Come back!" She teased

"What does this mean?" She asked as she traced my tattoo with her finger
"It's a triskele."
"I know, but what does it stand for?"
"Alpha, beta, omega." I faced away from her in bed, laying on my side.
"Werewolf talk?" She asked now brushing her hand over my side to swoop around to my chest. She placed her hand on my pec and pushed her face into my neck.
"Mmhm. It shows that everyone can rise and fall no matter your status."
"That's beautiful."
"Thank you."
"I've seen this symbol a couple places. But the other ones are more stick like. Not round and curved like yours."
"Yeah that's not a god sign. We are currently in a war with those people."
"You're gonna be okay right?" I turned to face her, her eyes were glistening with concern.
"I'm always going to be okay. Because I've got you." I pushed some hair away from her face and kissed her forehead.
"And I've got you."
"Always."