Brotherly love

Derek x sister!reader
F/ff- favorite fast food
~~~~~~~~~~
"Well good morning sleeping beauty." Derek laughed as y/n stepped out of her room and into the kitchen with her hair knotted to heaven.
"Don't even. Comment about my appearance now and I will lace your pancakes with wolfsbane." She threatened.
"Death threats are not good for the soul first thing in the morning."
She walked over and reached for a piece of bacon but her hand was swatted away by a black spatula.
"Ah! No! Wait!" He scolded
She furrowed her brows and let her flat hand quickly smack Derek in the arm. She grabbed a piece of bacon and walked off.
"Don't hit me bitch." She shouted as she went to change.
"Don't yell at me!" Derek roared back
"Whatever!"

Derek pulled up to the school and then looked over at his younger sister in the passenger seat. She threw her head back and groaned.
"You're seriously gonna make me go in there again?"
"You go in every day."
"But I hate it." She looked at him and threw her hands up.
"Suck it up. If I went through high school so do you."
"I hate you." She glared at him.
"I love you too. Have a good day." He pulled a wide fake smile and put his sunglasses back on. She rolled her eyes and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek.
"Bye Derek."
"Bye kiddo."
Y/n jumped out of the sleek car and sloppily made her way to class. She sat down by the window and watched Derek put his phone down before pulling out of the parking lot
Take me home Derek. I hate it here. Save me brother.
She put her head down on her desk and grumbled curses to herself.

The day was so incredibly slow for y/n and by the end of the day she was in a bad mood.
She shoved her backpack over her shoulder and trudged out of school. Dereks car puttered loudly while he waited for his little sister. She shoved open the door and slammed it closed.
"Woah... someone's angry."
"Don't even Derek Hale." She growled.
"Okay." He backed off of the conversation with his mouth pressed to a line
The car ride was quiet. Derek kept his hands on the wheel and his eyes on the road. He breathed in a orderly pattern, scared that even his breath would make her go off.
"I just had a really shitty day." She started
"Okay." He nodded his nostrils flared "tell me what happened."
"First off, Scott wasn't in school and he was supposed to give me the project we were working on so I got nothing done in that class. Then Stiles and Lydia were all over each other at lunch so I had no one to talk to. Liam tripped me in gym and I know he apologised and he felt bad but it still sucked. Then I forgot my art folder and my pass for my last class."
He gave a sigh and reached over to rub her shoulder. Her breath caught in her throat and tears started to run down her face.
"Okay kiddo. You're alright. We will get home and you can spend the rest of the day decompressing."
Derek felt bad for his little sister. He remembered hard days of high school and his heart ached knowing that's what she was going through. Derek was happy that he didn't have to go through those feelings anymore but he couldn't forget it. He decided he was going to do something for her.
He cranked the wheel to the left to make a left turn.
"Where are we going? Home is that way." Y/n softly reminded as she pointed the other direction.
"I know." Derek was vague in his answer for a very specific reason.
He turned into a small parking lot and y/n noticed the sign.
"You're taking me to f/ff?!" She sparkled.
He nodded and she squealed as she shook him
"Okay okay! what do you want? I have to order!"
"I'll take..." she tapped her chin "f/f."
"Of course." He rolled his eyes. He leaned out the window to order.

When they got home, y/n was definitely in a better mood. She was able to do her homework quickly and without much complaint. She yawned while rubbing her forehead and her eyes slowly closed. She rested her head on her hand and she slowly fell to darkness.
"Y/n." Derek whispered to her. He rubbed her cheek and watched as her open mouth closed when she woke up.
"Hmm?"
"You need to go to bed. You're done with your homework right?"
She nodded and stood up from the table. Derek put her things together so it was ready tomorrow and watched her walk upstairs.
Derek, a couple minutes later, went to his own room. When he opened the door, he saw a lump in his bed.
"Y/n, this isn't your bedroom."
"But your bed is more comfortable than mine."
"Fine, you can sleep here tonight. But just tonight." Derek got in the king sized bed and threw the loud covers over him.
Y/n scooted in closer and pushed her face against his bicep. They never cuddled but she loved to be close to him and he would suck it up for her.
"Goodnight Derek. You're the best older brother."
He wanted to cry in the moment. As he watched her slip away into subconscious with her mouth hanging open. Her lashes fluttered telling him she was asleep now.
"One day the hard times will become less frequent. Being a teenager doesn't last forever. And I hope when you get older you still need me like you do now. You're all I have left. And I want you to stick with me forever. Your my partner in crime." He brushed her hair off her lip and laughed lightly "Goodnight y/n."