Little too protective

Requested by EmilyRoberts357

Also holy shit I haven't been updating this story in a WHILE! I am SO sorry! But now I've gotten another lovely request so here we goooooooo!
~~~~~
"God my back is killing me!" I groaned as I bent over with my huge tummy leading me forward.
"You okay in here? I heard complaints."
"Oh just dandy. Just your child reorganising my insides." I growled.
Derek laughed and rubbed my back. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight.
"I have to admit it is very very endearing to see my mate carrying my child." He mumbled and kissed my temple.
"Yeah the pain is so endearing." I grumbled. The phone rang and I grabbed it quickly.
"Hello?" I asked sitting down to rest. My face silently showed my pain relief as I laid down.
"Hey yeah we were just wondering if we could come over and see how you and the baby are doing?" Stiles asked happily over the phone.
"Sure. Come over anytime."
"Okay we will be there."
I hung up happily and sighed.
"Here put this on." Derek handed me a really big t shirt of his, that even he could drown in.
"This would be like a sleeping bag on me."
"Just put it on."
I sat up and put it on. It was comfortable and it was nice to not have to wear anything hugging my body for a while.
"I'm gonna have to live in this." I sighed contently.
"It smells like me too so I thought you'd like it."
I grabbed the collar of the shirt and pulled it to my nose.
"It does." I hummed.
The alarm went off, signalling that someone was here.
"I'll go get the door. You take your time." Derek softly commanded.
He walked out and I slowly scooted out of bed and to the door. I shuffled down the stairs and to the living room.
"Hey girl. How're you two?" Lydia asked.
"Oh just growing every day." I sighed rubbing my stomach.
"How far along are you?"
"Almost seven months."
Stiles walked closer and tried to give me a hug but Derek put his arm between us two.
"I wouldn't, she's really been overworked today so she is really tired."
"O-oh yeah, sure."
I just blushed and turned away embarrassed.
Scott walked closer and asked a few questions. Derek sat next to me and tensed up. He scooted closer and put his arm around me.
"Derek are you okay?" I whispered to him as I raised my face to his ear
He nodded and turned to me.
"I'm just uncomfortable and I can't sit still."
"Why's that?" I furrowed my brows
"I don't know." He shrugged
"Maybe you're just feeling anxious because I'm so close to delivery. It's part of your instincts."
"Maybe."
We didn't talk about it after that but sat till they decided to leave.

"I don't know why I was so uncomfortable. It makes sense what you said but I've never really been like that before. I wasn't angry necessarily, just... uncomfortable and nervous. I was thinking about you and our pup and got so nervous. I felt like I was whining inside myself." Derek growled and laid down "but when Scott and stiles got close, then I got angry. I couldn't even stand the thought of them being around you like this."
I touched his face and his angry expression turned soft. He almost seemed to purr at my hand on his face.
"You're soft and warm." He whispered.
"Most of my warmth is from you. You keep shoving blankets and clothes at me." I laughed
He turned away embarrassed but I nuzzled into him.
"I'm so tired."
He pulled me closer to him and kissed me on the forehead.
"Soon this will be over and there will be no more back or foot pain like this."
"Yeah and you better be grateful for this one kid because it's all you're getting. One kid. That's all."
"They all say that."
"No but I'm for sure saying it. One kid."
"Okay. I won't ask for more."
Derek rubbed my back and hummed a small tune. I started to feel comfortable, feeling my feet throb from the relief.
"You're mine." Derek whispered and put his nose into my neck.
"I know Derek."
"And this baby is mine too."
"I know Derek."
"Glad we are on the same page."