Dereks christmas surprise

Christmas Eve was probably in y/ns top five favorite days of the year. It followed her birthday and Christmas Day. So when the sun went down she knew she would be able to cozy up in some warm pajamas and watch a few movies after a warm bath or shower.
"Derek do you want to watch a movie with me?"
"Yeah, just give me a minute to put this stuff away." Derek wiped down the counter and threw away the used cups.
They had just wrapped up their Christmas Eve party with the pack. They had pizza, presents, candy, and games.
Derek sighed and sat down next to y/n. She shuffled closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder. He moved his arm around her shoulders and she nuzzled into his side. She grabbed his grey knit shirt and sighed.
"When did you get these pajamas?" Derek lowly asked pinching the fabric.
"A while ago. It wasn't cold enough to wear them though so I have waited till now."
"Ah." He looked at the pattern and then absentmindedly kissed her head.
"Did you have a fun day today?" She asked quietly continuing the small moment they were in.
"Yeah. Did you get everything you hoped for?"
"I did." She hummed and closed her eyes.
"Well there's one more thing I think you'd like."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Go look in the tree." He pointed in the direction of the tree that was now vacant of presents.
She got up, her knees popped loudly in the silence of the Hale apartment. She shuffled along to find the last gift. She ended up finding it hidden at the back of the tree. A small rectangular box with a green bow on it.
"What is it?" She smiled and shuffled back over to the couch. She sat on one of her legs folded underneath her and pulled at the wrapping paper. When she got inside, she saw a lid and pulled that off to find a piece of paper that said flip me over to read me
She flipped over the piece of paper and read aloud.
Look up
She furrowed her brows but followed the instructions anyway and saw Derek kneeling in front of her. Her body ran cold and didn't know if her assumptions were right.
"No, Derek no. Wait. Stop."
"Y/n..." his voice quivered "I don't really know how to do this. I've watched like a thousand different videos and none of them seemed just right. I don't know how to do this perfectly but I wanted to let you know how much I love you. I love you. I have loved you since the day you asked me to get ice cream. I've loved you since you told me you love the way I dress even though I suck at dressing myself. I've loved you since you came to my apartment for the first time and snuck in a picture of you with a onesie on and put it next to my bed."
"I can't believe this is happening right now."
"I love you. I have always loved you. I will always love you. And I want to love you as your husband." He reached behind him and dug in his pocket. His hands shakily opened a box and a ring sat perfectly in the box "Will you marry me?"
At that point y/n lost all control and started crying. She slid down the couch and hugged him tight.
"Is that a yes?" He laughed and hugged her back.
"Of course it is!" She leaned back so she could kiss him. He pulled her back in as she leaned in.
"Here. See if it fits." He whispered after they pulled away from each other. It fit perfectly.
"I can't wait to tell the pack."
She grabbed her phone and took a picture of her hand and sent it without any follow up.
Her phone started buzzing quickly. She laughed and picked it back up

Lydia👑
What?
Scott🐶
?????
Liam
Ummmm? What?
Stiles🔎
No fucking way. I'm gonna cry.
Scott 🐶
It's okay to cry out of joy
Stiles 🔎
No I'm going to cry out of pure anguish. She's one of my best friends and now she has to be married to this guy???
Kira 🦊
You guys got engaged?!
Lydia 👑
I'm in denial. I can't believe I have to plan a wedding now.
Liam 💥
You guys got engagged?
Ingaged*
Engaged*
Holy shit... I'm done bro
They both laughed at the texts that rolled in. It felt very good to see the whole pack experiencing something new. It was really the first time anyone in the group was going through a major life event like this. But y/n was a finance now. She was going to be a married woman. And she couldn't be any happier with her Christmas gifts this year.