Cold winters night

Lowkey fangirling  over my own story... so that's embarrassing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is the heater broken in this place?" I asked shivering as I walked around the house.
"Everything's broken in this place, pup." Derek grumbled.
He wasn't wrong. He was still living in his old family house which was broken and in rubble.
"Derek you seriously need to consider moving."
"But I like it here. It's hard to find me."
I sighed and looked at him. I know he was still a little paranoid but he needed to move somewhere more safe. This wasn't good for him.
"Derek I know you like it out here but this isn't safe." I kicked a floor board piece away and shook my head.
"It's perfectly fine." He shook his head. I picked up a rusty nail from the floor and raised a brow at him.
"Werewolves can't get tetanus." He argued.
"But I can!" I argued back "and it's cold as balls out here!"
"It is winter."
"And there is such a thing as AC and heating!"
"I'm always regulated."
"Again Derek, I'm not."
"Well then why don't you move? You don't have to live with me!"
I was shocked at his response. I knew Derek was blunt and sometimes naive to emotions but even this was uncalled for. His eyes went wide and he started to immediately apologize.
"I did not mean it like that! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry. Please don't be upset, pup."
"Wow... that really sucked Derek."
"No, I'm so sorry." He quickly walked up to me and hugged me tight in my burrito blanket.
"Here. How about this. We live here, until we find a place we BOTH agree on. But we BOTH have to agree on a place and I don't want to hear any more complaints about the house we live in now."
"I'll take the deal but I want to throw in warmth cuddles whenever I ask."
"I can complain about it but I'll deal with it."
"Minimal complaints and it's a deal."
"Fine deal." I shook his hand and opened my arms.
He tried to walk away but I cleared my throat.
"What?"
"I want warmth cuddles."
"You are milking this for all its worth aren't you." He groaned as he picked me up. He used his wolfy strength to pull me up around his waist and walked up the stairs.
He laid down and I clung onto him like a koala. He scooped me in deeper and threw the purple sheets around us. I buried my head into his neck and felt the heat radiate off of his neck onto my cheek.
"You're so warm." I shivered.
"And you're freezing like a little popsicle." He almost seemed to chuckle.
I gripped my hands onto the back of his shirt and balled his shirt in between my fists.
"Squeeze any tighter and you'll kill me."
"I could kill a werewolf! Awesome!"
"You're not that strong."
"You just said I was!"
"I give up on arguing with you. Just shut up and cuddle me."
He wrapped his arms around my waist but not before lifting my shirt and running his hands in my bare skin.
"Your hands tickle."
"Your sides are warm." He mumbled as he nuzzled into my shoulder.
"My toes are cold. So are my hands and my face."
He pulled my hands in between us and he gently kissed each of my fingers making sure to breathe on them as he kissed. He wrapped his legs around my feet and tried to warm them up. He rubbed his own feet up and down my legs to try to warm the area. He put my arms back where they were on his back and he leaned in and kissed my cheeks and my nose.
"Warmed up now?" He asked quietly
I nodded and smiled a bit.
"Maybe we don't need to move into a new house if you're gonna do this every time I ask to be warned by you."
"Okay. We can stay here the-"
"No! We are moving! I was kidding!"
"It's useless. Nothings ever good enough for you!" He fake pouted.
"You're annoying!" I laughed as I ruffled his hair.
"You're even more annoying then I am!" He fired back ruffling my hair.
"Careful! Get to aggressive and I might even have to kiss you!"
"Oh no! That's too much. I give up!"
"Rude!" I pouted.
He looked at me and flicked his head back, motioning me to come closer to him and kiss him.
I leaned over and pressed my lips to his. I could feel the heat in his lips as well.
"Like kissing a popsicle." Derek mocked.
I kissed him again but more aggressively. I pushed him down and rolled on top of him.
I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed myself up.
"What time is it?" I asked curiously
"Around 8, why?"
"Just wondering. Kinda tired." I yawned.
"We can just go to bed now."
"But you can't sleep forever. You'll end up being up at like 4 in the morning then!"
"Then you can get up too!"
"Absolutely not!"
"I'll wake you up at 7. I'll have breakfast ready, and then we can look at places."
I nodded and fixed my cuddling position to one I could fall asleep in. I laid on top of Derek with my head on his chest. I laid my legs between his and closed my eyes.
Derek always fell asleep the second he closed his eyes. His mind shut down quicker than a middle aged dad.
I heard a low rumble come from his chest as I laid my head on him. I loved the sound of his soft snores, they always made me feel fuzzy inside. He was never an annoying snorer, just gentle and calm. I think they were more like purrs rather than snores anyway.
I gripped the side of his shirt tightly and closed my eyes.
I felt his stomach move up and down under me as he breathed steadily. One of his hands was in my back while the other one was sprawled out next to his head. Derek was a large man which meant he needed a lot of room.
We will also be getting a bigger bed when we move.