Paralyzed

"We can't have you getting hurt again Derek." I huffed as I cleaned up a couple cuts on his abdomen.
"I don't even know why you bother. They'll heal in like an hour or two."
"I-i don't know. Maybe because it actually makes me feel useful." I mumbled "Even though I guess it's not helping at all." I shook my head and put the bloodied cloth down.
Derek pushes my chin up with his fingers and looked at me.
"You don't have to feel useful all the time. You don't have to be perfect. I enjoy having you around because you care, not because of what you are."
I was a human who was living with one of the strongest werewolves in Beacon Hills. Needless to say, I felt pretty useless on a day to day basis.
I sighed and nodded.
"I know, I just can't help it. I feel so stupid sometimes."
"Why's that?" He asked as I stood to meet his gaze.
"I don't know. I'm around supernatural creatures and stiles who's actually a genius and I'm just kinda there. I don't do anything. I'm not smart, I'm not fit, I'm not supernatural. I'm kinda just dead weight." I shrugged.
Derek clenched his jaw and then looked at me.
"You know it hurts me when you say bad things about yourself right?"
I looked down in shame and thought of the tears that were coming up.
Don't cry y/n. You'll just seem more weak.
I sucked them back in and looked at him.
I just nodded and walked out of the apartment.

"Y/n, we need you. We need you to- pfft- we need you to come to the school. We are in the pool. Hurry!"
"Okay! I'll be right there."
I rushed to the school and ran to the pool. I slammed open the door and saw stiles holding up Derek in the pool as he struggled.
I ran over to them and they swam closer to me. I reached for Dereks hand and he reached for mine before pulling back.
"What is it?"
They were both really still and looking past me.
I turned my head to see a giant lizard.
"Holy shit! What the hell is that thing?"
The lizard clawed at me and I dodged it before punching it straight between the eyes. The lizard screamed and ran away quickly.
"What did you do?" Derek asked quickly.
"I-I don't know! It scared me so I punched it in the face!" I stuttered as I pulled the boys out of the pool.
"You just punched it in the face and it ran away?!" Stiles asked as he flopped onto the tile.
"I-I guess." I noticed that they weren't getting up "come on guys. We gotta go!"
"We can't! We were paralyzed by the thing you punched in the face."
"The lizard can paralyze you?!"
"It's not really a lizard. More like a murderous debilitating reptile." Stiles mocked.
"What do I do?" I ask.
"You can't really do anything. We have to let the toxins be released from our bodies and it seems like that's going to take a while."
"W-What if... what if you..." I questioned.
"What if we what?" Derek asked.
"What if we made tiny incisions in your body? Would that release them faster? Does the toxins stunt your abilities?"
"We could try that." Derek slightly nodded.
I pulled out a pocket knife and held it to Dereks leg.
"I'm sorry." I sympathized.
"It's okay. Just do it."
I made a couple small cuts along his thighs and a couple on his forearms.
Derek soon started to be able to move his fingers and toes.
"Oh yes! Come on Derek!" He soon was moving his hands and legs up to his knees. More feeling came back and he was soon on his feet.
"Go find Scott and everyone else! I stay here with stiles."
Derek nodded and ran off.
"Come on stiles. Move your toes or your fingers for me." I touched his fingers and they started to move.

Derek searched everywhere but the pack was no where to be found. Derek just shook his head and went back to the pool where he left the two humans defenseless.
"Wow great thinking Derek." He said to himself as he turned around and walked back to them. He walked in and saw stiles sitting up.

"His legs are still numb but he can move everything else." I informed as Derek walked up.
"Good. We just need to wait a little longer."
After about twenty minutes stiles was on his feet. I took a big sigh of relief and stood up.
"Thank god. I don't know if I can deal with that thing anymo-"
"No!!" Derek shouted.
I felt a sharp pain in my back which started to tingle. I let out a squeak of pain and fell to the floor.
I looked up to see the lizard above me with blood on his hands. I looked as Derek and stiles tried to fend off the beast.
My body slowly shut down and wouldn't move. I was paralyzed. I couldn't move anything. I watched as they battled him off. Soon the beast ran off with no explanation.
"I can't move. I'm paralyzed."
Derek sighed and picked me up.
"It's okay. We will take care of you till you get all your feeling back."
I rested my head on his chest and Derek noticed the blood.
"He did more than just paralyze you. He got you good."
"It hurts really bad." I whispered.
"I know. Just hang on till we can get you home."
Derek carried me the rest of the way and sat me on his bed as he treated my wounds.
"How do you know how to do this? You don't have to do this for yourself."
He shrugged as she kept his eyes on the bandage.
"I guess I just know from watching you do it all the time."
"So my unnecessary treatments were needed! By me treating you, you saved me."
"Told you you were important."