Protective pt 2

I sat at the pack meeting, fiddling with my thumbs. I couldn't get the past occurrences out of my head. I literally almost told him I loved him and braeden ruined it.
I sighed abruptly in the middle of an awkward silence and walked out the door. I just needed to clear my head.
I had taken about half an hour to breathe in the fresh cold air to then go back to the meeting. When I walked in, two chairs besides mine where empty.
"Where'd Derek and braeden go?" I ask stiles.
"I don't know. Probably home." He shrugged.
I scoffed and thought they left me here.
I ran out the door and home. Luckily I was a werewolf so it didn't take me as long as a human would. I walked in the door panting to hear panting other then my own. My heart sunk as I knew what was going on. I rounded the pillar to see Derek and braeden making out on the table. I slammed my phone down just enough to get their attention and I said "you know we eat on that right?"
I could feel braeden roll her eyes and I took my jacket and shoes off.
"You could have knocked." She sniped.
"You could have also not left me at Scott's house but you didn't did you?" I retorted "and I shouldn't have to knock to enter my own house."
She jumped off the table and walked to me.
"This is not your house. You just live here because your entire family is a bunch of lunatics."
That made tears prick into my eyes.
"I don't understand what Derek sees in you. Because you have NOTHING good to give him." I shook my head and ran off up the go the loft to cry.

Third person pov
"What the hell was that for?" Derek shouted.
"She's such a crazy person. How do you manage to live with her?"
Derek scoffed in disbelief.
"You do not get to talk about her like that in front of me." He growled.
"You're kidding me, right?" Braeden asked in shock.
"If you talk bad about her again, your connections with me will be over. Got it?" Derek warned.
"You really would choose me over that little broken down girl?" She dropped her jaw.
"Any day." Derek replied as his anger fumed inside him.
She shook her head and walked away from him.
"We are done Derek." She shouted as she slammed the door closed.
Derek snapped out of his anger when he heard a song from y/n seep through the walls. He ran up the stairs to her bed.
"Hey, beautiful." He cooed.

Your pov
I let out another hefty sob to hear Derek thumping up the stairs. I wanted to throw my arms around him and have him hold me as soon as he walked into my room but I knew I couldn't.
"Hey, beautiful." He called which made my heart pull toward him.
I lifted my head from my pillow. He saw my bloodshot red cheeked face and I saw his fall. He walked over and I sat up and sat on the end of my bed.
He pulled me into his chest and I just let him hold me. He rubbed my arm and I shook in sadness.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry she had to say that to you. I'm sorry that you had to hear that and I'm sorry I couldn't stop you from hearing that and feeling the way you do now. That was my one job and I just had to go on and date someone who'd turn out to bully you."
His voice set me at ease and I hiccuped a inhale down.
"It's not your fault." I cracked.
"Oh no, beautiful. I know but I can't help it." He kissed the top of my head. He has never been this affectionate...ever. He used to calm me down by buying me ice cream and leaving me to myself. So why was it so different now?
I hugged his toned waist and let go.
He looked at me and smiled.
"Do you want to tell me what you were gonna tell me earlier? Maybe that will take some sadness off your shoulders."
I nodded and pushed hair behind my ear. I gulped and found words. 
"I wanted to tell you that ever since we were little that I felt a certain way for you. I laughed with you and cried with you and I stayed with you even after the fire. I thought it was because we were all that we had left comfort wise but now... for me... I don't think that's completely why I always stick around you." I looked into his eyes and his eyes glimmered worry.
"Derek. I know this is gonna sound weird but... I think I'm in love with you." After I said that I furrowed my brows in anticipation for what was to come.
Silence? Yelling? Questioning?
But nothing came.
So silence.
I looked up at him and I saw his eyes filling with tears.
"I'm sorry. I know you probably hate me and I would be okay if you did." I rambled.
He shook his head and smiled.
"No. No I'm just so happy to hear you say it out loud. Ya know. It's a lot different from the way I imagine it in my head." He smiled.
I was taken for a loop when he spoke. Did he just admit he fantasizes about me?
"Really? You feel the same too?"
"Of course I do! I love you so damn much and not just in a sibling way. And when I saw that you'd always be jealous of braeden and I, I would feel happy inside, knowing that you still loved me."
I smiled and threw my arms around his neck.
"I love you Derek. So fucking much."
"Hey language! But I love you too, beautiful."