Always here to help pt 1

Requested by anonymous
~~~~~~~
Every morning when I opened my eyes it was like I had picked another bad straw from the pile. I was here again and I had to suffer through another day in high school. As if my senioritis wasn't bad enough, I also had to deal with the cheerleaders and their raging jealously over me.
It was no secret that I was dating Derek hale, the once ever so popular basketball player a few years ago. Some people thought that it was weird but he was only three years older than me. What was really the shocker is that Scott McCall, the now not so popular lacrosse player, was my brother.
"Y/n!" Scott squeaked as he jogged closer to me as we walked into school.
"What?" I grumbled pulling a headphone out so I could hear him
"I was just wondering if you could stick after school to take me home from practice? Mom has to work late again today."
I really didn't want to. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. But knowing mom was working late and he had no other choice meant I had to.
"Fine yeah whatever." I sighed and shrugged.
"Yes! Thank you! You're the best." He cheered and then bolted off to find his best friend.
I put my headphone back in but only moments before there was a tap on my shoulder.
I turned to see a face I did not want to see. My heart dropped to my stomach and I tried to find a way to run but I couldn't.
"Well look who keeps showing up." An evil smirk made its way across her blood red lips
"It's not like I have a choice." I snapped
"You're just like a puppy who keeps coming back after being kicked."
"Seems like you're the sad one for kicking puppies." I sassed "what? Couldn't fight anything that could actually fight back? Is that why you choose poor defenceless animals? So you can actually win and feel good about yourself?"
I saw her face grow more red by the second. For a second I thought she was going to turn as red as her lipstick. But instead she curled her fist and thrusted it into my shoulder.
I grunted as it connected with a previous bruise she had formed with the same fist. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to her body. She lowered her eyes and whispered in my ear
"One day, I'm going to actually strangle you. And you'll be just another sad victim of this town."
She released my wrist with a swift flick and walked past me. She shoulder checked me in the same shoulder she had just rebruised. I felt tears start to well in my eyes but I choked them back down so I could go to class.

My locker wasn't far from my first class. I opened the locker door and pulled the collar of my shirt down to examine my shoulder in the mirror that stuck on my locker door.
"Damn... it's gonna be hard to cover that." I sighed and pulled the collar back into place. I slammed my locker door closed and went to class.
Today was an exam in first period. And it just so happened that the shoulder that has been so violently handled is my dominant shoulder. Writing started to get painful as my essay answers went on.
I clenched my jaw as I finished writing my essay question and struggled to gain enough attention to write the last question of the exam.
I took a deep breath and struggled through it. I had never been so happy to finish an exam and turn it in. I sat back down at my desk and closed my eyes. All I could focus on was the throbbing in my shoulder. I whimpered quietly as I grabbed my shoulder to support it. Luckily there was only ten more minutes until the class period was over and I could go get an ice pack from the nurse.
When the bell finally rang I slung my bag over my good shoulder and followed the familiar path to the nurses office. When I walked in, the nurse looked up and sighed
"Again y/n?"
"Yeah. I just need an ice pack."
"Shoulder still hurt?"
"Yeah."
"Let me take a look." She stood from her chair and swiped some hand sanitiser. She rubbed it into her dry hands, which I assumed were dry from all the sanitiser she was using, and pulled down my shirt collar. "Now how is this getting worse again?"
I avoided eye contact but I knew the face she was giving me. It was the same face she gave me the first time I lied about how I was bruising. She would raise her left eyebrow and suck in her cheeks and wait for me to look at her.
"Is that girl still hurting you?" She asked lowly.
I just nodded still not making eye contact.
The nurse sighed and shook her head.
"I told you you need to tell someone. She's only going to keep hurting you." She warned as she leaned over her desk to write down my attendance.
"She'll hurt me more if I do. And no one ever does anything anyway. I've seen how my friends have done when they tell someone. They don't care."
"Then you need to do something. Punch that bitch between the eyes." She looked up at me
She looked over to see a small boy who was laying down look at her with wide eyes "don't tell anyone I said that. I could lose my job."
The boy just nodded and closed his eyes again to relax. The nurse walked to the freezer and pulled out a bag of ice. She wrapped it up and handed it to me
"But I'm serious y/n. If she hits you again, show her what it feels like." I just nodded and placed the ice pack on my shoulder.
The warning bell rang for class to start and I hustled out of there. I jogged up the stairs with my ice pack still on my shoulder. My next class was biology and I was hoping my partner would pick up the slack and do the work today so my shoulder could rest.