Scared

***This deals with parent abuse so please read at your own risk!!!***

I walk into Derek's loft huffing and sitting down. Derek entered the main room not too long after that.
"What are you doing here?" He asks looking up from the mail in his hands.
I shook my head not wanting to say anything in case it releases the tight seal I had on my crying.
"Y/n?" He asks again.
"Are you okay?"
You know when you think you have your grasp on your feelings and then someone asks are you okay and then you just break down? That's what happened to me.
I immediately buried my face in my hands and cried. I let out a long strenuous cry and Derek raised his eyebrows at me. I got up and locked myself in the bathroom.
Derek didn't seem to care much which made it worse.
After about ten minutes of crying, a soft knock was coming from the door.
"Y/n... can you come out here?"
"No!" I cried.
He unlocked the door and pulled me out of the bathroom that I was just standing in.
"What is wrong?" He asked.
I looked up at him and he stood back shocked as he noticed my face.
He growled as he pulled me into his chest.
"Who the hell struck you?? I will find them and murder them myself." I pulled away from his protective grasp and walked to the other end of the room.
"No. You can't hurt them!" I say.
"Who did it?" He asks calmly.
"I'm not saying." I mumbled.
"Who struck you y/n?" He asked again, growling a little.
"My... my dad."
His eyes widened and his face softened.
"You're dad hit you?" He asked, his voice quiet.
I nodded my head and he ran and picked me up. He sat me down on the couch and sat next to me.
"I need to know why when where and how he hit you."
"Why?"
"Just tell me, please."
"Well I was at home and my dad came in and started yelling at me for getting a bad grade on an assignment. I told him I didn't know why and he got angry. I didn't respond to him because I've dealt with this before. After that he just got angry and smacked me in the face."
"So you're telling me, you got a black eye from getting a bad grade on an assignment?"
"Yeah."
I could see his blood boil.
"Has he hit you before?"
I nod my head slowly.
"Has he hurt you worse then hitting you?"
I nodded again.
He grabbed at the cushions and growled.
"Show me."
I lifted the side of my shirt and showed him a big scar that ran down my ribcage.
"That was for not doing the chores."
I rolled up my sleeve to my bicep showing him my elbow.
"That bruise was from him shoving me into a coffee table for talking back."
I showed him two more scars and he started to do something I didn't think he would.
He started crying.
I guess seeing all the permanent marks made him realize that even if my dad is dead I'll still have the memories and no one can heal those.
I gave him a weak smile and he pulled me close to him.
"I'm so sorry." He cried out.
I gripped onto him as I cried still.
"I promise Ill protect you." He spoke into my ear.
"Thank you." I cried.
"You're staying here tonight."
"I can't. My dad will be furious if I don't come home. I already know I'm gonna get it."
"Well I don't care. If your dad wants to hurt you he can go through a werewolf who's being protective over one of his packmates. If he wants to fight that. Bring it."
I smiled at his willingness to keep me safe. I grabbed onto him tighter and sighed.
"Please never let me go."
"I don't plan on it, little one."
I smiled into his neck as I felt his muscles clench as he held me tighter.
"Good little pup. Go to sleep." He purred as I fell off into a deep sleep.