Sacrifices we have to make Pt 1

"Mmm. Y/n your fingers are freezing." Derek mumbled still half asleep which made me wake up.
I looked to see my hand resting on his bare chest. He took my fingers in his hands and kissed them blowing warm air onto my knuckles.
"Hmmm. How are you always so warm?" I giggled and cuddled closer into him.
"Because I'm a werewolf." He sighed and pulled me in by the exposed side of my shirt. "You're the one who's always cold." He whispered pushing his nose into my hair and breathing deeply.
"I can't help that I have poor circulation."
"It's so bad, it's almost like you don't have circulation." He scoffed and I let out an amused chuckle.
"What time is it?" I asked hoping we had at least a few more hours before we had to get up.
"It's 7:30." He grumbled.
"Ugh. I don't want to get up." I whined and moved myself so my face was buried in his stomach. He rubbed the back of my head and agreed.
It was a quiet ten minutes from my complaint to the time we got up and got the day started. All we had planned was a meeting with the pack. I always dreaded it. It took so much energy out of me to sit there and talk and think about the shit that was going on around us. But I did it anyway because I was capable and I knew I had people around me to confide in.

"So... human sacrifices!" Stiles started as he sat down.
"Okay... holy shit stiles. You can't just sit down and shout 'human sacrifices'!" I scolded.
"Why not? I think it's very acceptable considering that we are literally dealing with human sacrifices."
"Okay but you can open a little more gentle than just saying 'human sacrifices'!"
"If someone says 'human sacrifices' one more time I'm gonna kill all of you." Derek shouted
"Okay but we do actually have to talk about it. What are we going to do?" Scott raised his eyebrows to the group.
"Well it would help if we had any connections whatsoever."
"Yeah I'm on that." Stiles pointed at me and then clapped "and I think I've got something. I was talking to deaton and he said that druids were common on human sacrifices. He gave me this...book... and told me to look through it."
Stiles riffled through his bag and then slammed a huge old book onto Derek's coffee table. Dust puffed in big clouds out from under the book and made its way into my lungs. I coughed trying to clear out my throat.
"That thing is like 300 pages... how are we supposed to get through all that?" Issac questioned.
"Well there's gotta be something that can help us."
"Deaton did say...." Stiles started but then trailed off
"What? Deaton said what?" I asked
"He... he said... I can't remember."
"That's fine. Just tell us if you do." I shrugged it off but saw stiles furrow his brows.
"Well... then let's get reading." Scott sighed

"What are we gonna do? They are children Derek."
"I think you forget that we aren't much older than them." Derek reminded as he leaned himself against his desk and crossed his arms
"We are in our 20s Derek. We are adults. Full blown adults. They are kids."
"Sometimes I feel like Scott is more of an adult then I am." I rested my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his waist.
"They are very responsible."
"Scott is going to be a leader one day. They are going to guard and raise the new supernatural."
"GUARDIANS!" Stiles shouted which made everyone jump.
"What?" I asked while trying to slow my heart rate.
"Deaton! It's what deaton said to me. Guardians, virgins, philosophers, healers and warriors. Those are the things that are looked for when sacrifices are made."
"Okay so what does that mean for us?"
"It means that we have to sort everyone already sacrificed into categories and then prevent other ones from happening." Stiles shrugged. I huffed and rolled my eyes starting to feel overwhelmed.
"Hey. We can do this." Derek whispered as he rubbed my shoulder.
"I hope so."
"So I think we should split up, get all backgrounds on every victim so far." Scott suggested.
"Okay. How about derek and I take one, Scott, stiles and Boyd take one, and Lydia and Allison you take one."
"Okay. Sounds good."

"Do you think we can really figure this out before it's too late?" I asked Derek looking out the tinted window of his car.
"We've never failed before." Derek shrugged
"There's a first time for everything." I mumbled
"Well it doesn't have to be this time." Derek pried his hand from the wheel and rested it on my hand.
"You're freezing. I've got a jacket in the back if you want it." I turned and pulled the jacket from the backseat and pushed my arms through the sleeves.
"I didn't even realize I was cold."
"Well your brain is kinda busy right now."
"That's true." I laughed
Derek's phone buzzed on his leather seat which made me jump.
"It's Scott. Can you answer?"
I accepted his call and put it on speaker.
"Derek?! Y/n?!" Stiles shouted
"What's up?"
"We need you to get down here right now! We've got an issue!"
"Where are you guys?" I asked
"We are by the school."
Derek immediately spun the wheel around to head in the opposite direction toward the school.

We tracked down the group who was all congregated in front of the school.
"What's going on?" I asked catching my breath
"We figured out who the killer is." Scott looked at everyone
"Who?" Derek furrowed his brows
"Our teacher, Jennifer Blake, she tried to kill Lydia. We totally forgot about the recital tonight. Lydia was there and she escaped from getting killed."
"How?"
"My dad." Stiles piped up. I looked at him and then realized I didn't see his dad around "Y/n, she took him. She took my dad."
It was then I realised that stiles looked like he was going to cry and he had been abnormally quiet this entire time.
"It's okay stiles. We are going to get him back." I walked up to him and pulled him into my arms. "We aren't going to let him die. I will not let him die. You have my word."
"Thanks y/n." He mumbled into my shoulder.
"So do we know where Jennifer is now?" Derek asked
"No, but I assume she'll be back tonight for another sacrifice."
"So then we just wait her out." I suggested
"That's probably our best bet right now." Scott agreed
"Anyone got any ideas of how we should confront her when she gets here?" I sighed
"Yeah. I've got a few ideas." Stiles crossed his arms and nodded looking at the ground.