Goin' swimmin'

Dereks POV
I was bored out of my mind. I couldn't even formulate a decent thought because of how bored I was. I paced around the living room and huffed over and over again. Y/n was out and I had nothing to do. Usually she kept me busy by bugging me and strapping her arms around me not letting go. As much as it annoys me in the moment, I miss it as soon as it over. I couldn't think of anything to do. Nothing good was on tv, I had already read all the books in our home twice, and there was nothing to make.
I grabbed my phone quickly and dialed y/ns phone number.
"Hello?" She chirped over the line
"Hey pup, just wondering when you're getting home." I mumbled as I played with a pen on my desk
"Umm" she started but went quiet "maybe half an hour or so?"
"Okay. Just... really bored here."
"Do you miss me?" She laughed
"Kinda."
"Aww Der!" She cooed "I'll be home soon."
"Okay."
I hung up and sighed loudly. I was slightly aggravated with the time she'd take to get home

About forty minutes later, the door opened and she walked in with some bags.
"What did you get?"
"A new hat, a couple shirts, a pair of shoes and a swimsuit."
"Can I see the swimsuit?"
"Sure." She pulled it out of the bag and I saw a red swimsuit that was totally her style.
"Try it on." I almost cheered giddily
"Okay." She laughed
She walked to the bathroom to put it on. She walked out and gave me a spin.
"What do you think?"
"I like it!"
"We should go swimming!"
"Where would we even go?"
"The school. I can get the pool to myself. I am basically on the staff and I'm on the swim team."
"You're basically done with highschool."
"We have one week left! And besides, I'm still in school technically."
"You're almost 19."
"Shut it! Let me live! Let me call the school."

She jumped back in later and smiled
"Hey your swimsuit we are going swimming!"
"Did you seriously get the pool to yourself?"
"Yes I did. Only for a couple hours though. So let's gets going!"
I ran upstairs and grabbed my old swim trunks.
I got in the car and drove to the school.

"Come on." Y/n laughed as she jumped in the pool.
"You're crazy."
She splashed me and I growled playfully at her as my eyes shifted yellow.
"Get in wolfy." I jumped in and swam over to her. I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto my lap. She wrapped her legs around me and put her arms around my neck.
"The things you make me do." I shook my head
"You know you love it."
"I really don't but I like that you're having fun."
"I am having so much fun."
"That's all that matters." I smiled at her and I could see her eyes gloss over.
She leaned in and kissed me softly. I furrowed my brows over my closed eyes and kissed her back. It was quiet for a moment and then I pushed some wet hair behind her ear "What are you thinking, pup?"
She just shook her head and rested it on my chest
"I just love you like way too much. More than I think is healthy."
"Well I love you too."
I rested my head on hers and started to float around with her. I felt her hand slide around my arms and chest. I kissed the top of her chlorine coated head and smiled. I felt her drag her hand up my neck and play with my beard. She was so warm. I could feel the temperature difference of where she was laying on me which was warm to the pool water or the open air which was cold.
"We're like little otters." She giggled as she dragged her fingers along my bicep.
"Okay you've ruined the moment." I stood up and pushed her off
"What??! No!" She whined "I was so comfy and happy."
"You've ruined the moment by calling us otters. I'm a wolf, not a fluffy mammal that is cooed at by people." I grumbled getting out of the pool
"But Derek! Come on! No get back in!"
"Moment over."
"Baby please."
"No. I'm done. I'm going back home."
Y/n pouted and stood in the middle of the pool with her arms crossed
"Please!" She pleaded.
"Give me one reason I should get back in."
"Because we still have to pool to ourselves for like an hour! We could fight, play basketball, have competitions ya know!"
"Fine, but we get to play basketball first."
"Okay."
I got back in and spotted the pool hoop.
"I'm gonna dunk!" Y/n laughed as she swam to the hoop
She jumped and grabbed the rim as she slammed the ball in.
I grabbed the ball and put it in the hoop myself.
We both went for the ball.
"Mine!" She latched onto the ball with her whole body and she wouldn't let go.
"Go on! Score!" I pushed
"No!" She shook her head but still latched onto the ball.
"Then give it to me!"
"No!" She shouted
"Are you just gonna be a brat!?"
"No!"
"I don't like you." I shook my head. I turned around in anger and refused to engage with her.
I felt something smack my head. I heard a rubber thump and I looked back to see y/n with wide eyes.
"Uh oh. I'm in trouble."
"Yeah you are."
She squealed and swam away.
"Come here." I swam faster at her and caught her feet. "I'm gonna tickle you till you say sorry."
"Never!" She screamed between laughs
"Then the tickling will continue."
"No please! Let me go."
"Say you're sorry."
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I let her go and she caught her breath. "Competitions?"
"Like what?"
"Handstands."
"You're on."

"I can't believe you cheated." I shook my head as we dried off
"I didn't cheat!"
"You totally did."
"I did not! I'm just better than you."
"You did not win that breath holding competition. I know it! There's no way you can hold your breath longer than me."
"I totally can."
"Whatever. Let's get home."