Robbery

I was sitting at home in dereks loft when I heard a crush form downstairs. I thought Derek was home early so i rushed down the stairs to hug him. I gasped when I saw someone that was not Derek.
I saw a gun on his belt and I creeped back up the staircase to the opposite end of the loft.
I grabbed my phone and called Derek.
The phone rang all the way through.
No answer.
I called again.
No answer.
I called three more times and still no answer.
"Come on Derek! Please." I whispered in desperation.
A couple minutes later I gave up on leaning on Derek.
I opened the little safe in the loft and took out Dereks gun that he got from Braeden when he was human.
I made sure there was ammo in the gun and cocked it.
I slowly walked down the stairs to see where the guy was. I watched him for a minute to see what he was doing.
He opened a bag and put Dereks coasters in it.
Robbery? I asked myself.
The man continued to walk around and look for stuff.
The one time Dereks minimalistic style comes in handy. I rolled my eyes as I thought in my head.
I looked back over to see him in a weak position. His back turned to me and he was in a corner. I could corner him and he would only have defenses if he turned around and cocked his gun. That would give me time to shoot him if I needed to protect myself.
I creeped behind him and pointed my gun at his back.
"Slowly raise your hands and get on the ground. I know you have a gun. If I see you each for it, I will shoot. You better do as I say or you will get hurt."
The guy froze and sank to the ground.
I reached down and grabbed his gun.
I kept my gun pointed at him and called 911.
"911 what's you're emergency?"
"Hi, yeah, I have a robber in my house. He has been contained but I just need someone to come take him away."
The operator sent police my way and Derek was called to be informed since it was his apartment.
Dereks face when he came in and saw me holding down the robber was priceless.
They took the robber away and Derek scooped me up and hugged me.
"What the hell happened?" He asked as he hugged me tighter than ever.
"I came downstairs because I thought you were home but it was that guy" I pointed to the glum looking man being put into a cop car "I tried to call you but then I just took it into my own hands and I contained him till the cops got here."
Derek looked astonished.
"You're amazing!" Derek laughed and twirled me around.
I buried my face into his neck and he let out a low purr.
"Don't be such a cat, Derek." I giggled.
"I'm just glad you're okay."
"I'm quite alright."
"Good, now, what did he get away with?"
Derek looked around and saw the bag of stuff still where it was.
"Nothing, I contained him, remember?"
"Right. I forgot I had the bravest person in the world with me."
I giggled and he put all of his stuff back.
Everything calmed down later that evening and Derek sat down on the couch next to me as I stared at the hanging lightbulb.
"Derek, you really need to upgrade this apartment."
"What? No i don't. It's perfectly fine the way it is."
"Mmmm, id have to disagree on that one." I laughed.
He pulled me into him and I sighed as I felt his arm around me.
"You're comfy." I cooed.
He kissed the top of my head and smiled.
"And you're amazing."