Youre all the family i have left (daughter!reader) pt 5

Authors note at the end! Stay tuned!
~~~~~~~
It had been a few days since the horrible camping trip. They never figured out who or what had dragged Derek but he ended up with some bite marks and scratches so they assumed it was a wild animal. This assumption was more for the comfort and peace of mind of the family rather than a totally logical conclusion.
But that was behind them and today was Halloween. Y/n perfected her desserts and helped Derek clean and set up the living room for the party they were having. Derek made it clear the party was going to be small. Mostly family and a few plus ones. Eli was sulking all day that he couldn't go to a party someone had asked him to come to. And within that sulking was a steadfast refusal to help set up for the "lamer" party according to Eli. He was also on a kick of ignoring his dad and mostly finding entertainment through his sister. Their relationship was slowly bonding together, small normal conversation was very bountiful but any mention of their separate pasts triggered the rift between them to widen.
"Are you dressing up?" Y/n asked Eli as she plated her cookies.
"Hell no. I'm not eight." He scoffed as he tried to reach for a cookie. Y/n smacked his hand and shunned him.
"Dressing up isn't just for kids. I still dress up."
"And you're a kid."
"I'm 18, and older than you, so if I'm a kid then what are you?" She sassed, popping a single piece of a platter into her mouth with delight.
"Sometimes im more mature than you." He gave her a judging look.
She looked down at the platter eyeing her next snack
"Not when you steal cars." She mumbled.
"Oh my god when are you going to let that go?" He exasperated.
"When you let go of that jeep ."
"I will never let go of that jeep..." he glared "ever."
She put her hands up in surrender and turned around to put some dishes away. Eli slowly reached over to the plate of cookies.
"Eli!" She snapped and turned around. He cursed to himself and got up to head to his room.

The house was almost completed and Lydia had shown up early. She helped y/n hang a banner and set out the platters.
"Ooo, are these the famous chocolate chip cookies?" She asked as she picked up the platter.
"Yes they are."
"Can I have one?"
"Sure."
"What?!" Eli stood in the hallway that breached to the living room. "So she can have a cookie but I can't?"
"I like her more than I like you."
"You're mean to me."
"Youre mean to me."
Lydia picked a cookie off the plate and set the plate down on the coffee table.
Eli walked to the kitchen, opened a cabinet and pulled out some plastic cups.
"What are those for?" Lydia asked.
"For the party Im going to."
"Dad said you're not allowed to go."
"I don't care." Eli gave her a face of disgust
"Eli I don't think it's a good idea."
"Why?"
"Well you don't have a very good hold on your powers yet. You have no idea how they will react to the lights and the music."
"I'll be fine. I'm more than capable of taking care of myself."
"Eli-"
"Seriously! Stop talking to me!"
She gave a sigh of defeat and let him go.
Derek walked out and clapped his hands.
"I have to head to the shop for a little bit and make sure everyone is holding on okay."
"Okay. Sounds good." Y/n smiled with slight panic.
Derek left, his senses not picking up on the fact that y/n was sweating with guilt at the moment. She heard his car door close and the car pull out.
"Eli!" She called running to his room. She opened the door without warning. "You cannot go! It's gonna eat me alive to know you're out there unsupervised."
"Unsupervised?! I'm 15, not 5!" Eli shouted
"You're still a child!"
"So are you!"
Y/n scoffed, her chest starting to fill with rage.
"FINE!" She blurted, becoming insanely tired of his attitude "Go to this damn party. But if anything happens. Don't call me. I warned you."
"Whatever!" Eli scoffed as well and climbed out of the window with a bag slung over his shoulder.
After he was out of sight y/ns body felt like it was on fire. She was angry. She had tried many times to prove to him that she had his best interest at heart but he didn't listen. And she was tired of it. She may be his sister but she couldn't care any more about him.