Chapter 10

The auditorium was a large brick building with three sets of dark gray doors, and spotless silver handles with a flight of stairs that led to it—the same silver used for the railing. As you entered, you found that the interior was even more massive, the circular white lights on the celling, which were white paneled, being dimmed, the main ones focused on the empty black floored stage where an ebony curtain covered the background. The seats themselves were light gray, dark in the dimmed light, with wooden armrests. They descended as the two flights of stairs from the entrance did, three sections divided by them. At the end of the stairs, the seats were still organized in the same fashion only on flat ground—the entire room carpeted by a tan floor. The walls went brick built halfway, the other half white tiled in perfect squares.

In the end seat beside the wall in the final row before the flat ground, you sat with Kai to your left. Following him was Zell, Zidane, and Bartz, whereas behind you, was Yuna, Penelo, Namine and Yuffie. Chiyoko snagged the seat beside Masayoshi’s standing, Stella with her, Vergil in front of the two beside Bartz.

“What’s this for anyway?” Zidane questioned, leaning back in his seat as more students filed in, led by their teachers.

“I think it’s for the afterschool activities and the winter sports season,” Yuna answered. “Tidus, Shuyin, and Noel have been raving on about it for quite a while now.”

“Are you guys gonna try out for anything?” Penelo spoke. The group shook their heads except for a few—you included. “What would those be?”

“I’m going for the softball team,” Yuffie chirped.

“Football,” Zell grinned.

“I’m gonna see what there is to choose from first,” Bartz shrugged. “There’s no rush.”

“Fencing,” Vergil crossed his arms, leaning back.

“Blitzball.”

“Wait, what!?” Zell turned to you with wide eyes. “Really!?”

“What’s the problem?” Bartz cocked an eyebrow. “Amaya could kick some serious butt at the tryouts if she’s up for it.”

“Alright Ami!” Yuffie high fived you. “Way to rep the girls!”

“It’s BECAUSE she’s a girl!” Zell groaned. “[Name]’s the only one who ever made—and attempted to—try out! She even beat out Riku!”

“Jecht has high expectations, but that doesn’t mean Amaya won’t make it,” Zidane frowned. “I’ll be there to make sure she kicks butt!”

“Kick butt at what?” Chiyoko leaned forward.

“We’re just talking about the winter sport tryouts, and how Amaya’s gonna blitz her way into the team!” Bartz cheered.

“You blitz?” the pink haired girl scoffed blue eyes shifting towards you. “I don’t think it’s possible if you can’t even catch a piece of pizza. You know I’M the only girl who ever—”

“Made it? Yeah, I heard, and I plan on matching—excuse me—BEATING the low standards you set,” you answered confidently.

“Psh,” the girl snorted. “I’d like to see that happen—too bad it won’t.”

“What are you trying out for then, huh [Name]?” Penelo turned to her, hands on her hips.

“Well, I’m going for the dance crew or cheerleading,” she shrugged. “Maybe even drama—I haven’t made up my mind.”

“You should go for fencing with me and Yunalesca,” Stella smiled. “I bet you can get in easy.”

“It’s dance troop actually,” Namine corrected quietly. “They don’t start again until next semester and drama is a class…”