Chapter 29

"W-Who are you!?" you yelled again, deeply inhaling and exhaling. "I-I really will kill you if you don't answer me!"

"...[Name]...it's me," the teen murmured, shaking his head in disbelief. "You...you can't possibly be..."

The door to the room opened, and you recognized the ravenette who stepped through. He was huffing, and his hair was swept back by the wind wildly, exposing his forehead. When he had entered, he was smiling warmly but after taking in the scene, it faded, and he quickly made his way over to you and grabbed your wrist, shaking his head. You shook your own, pointing a shaky finger at the other teen.

"K-Kei-seok...I-I don't know who this is! Help me get out of here...p-please!" Your voice came out hoarse and weak, only a whisper.

"...What?" the ravenette slowly lowered his hand, whirling around to face the other male who was glaring at the ground, holding in his emotions. "What is she talking about?"

"...I told her...why she was here for the night," he murmured slowly. "Then...I told her...I remembered who she was..." He smiled sadly, still not looking up from the ground. "After that...she said she didn't know me...and...threatened to kill me... She...she couldn't have forgotten me like this...I-" his voice cracked, and hands flying to his face, he turned around, exhaling sharply as he gazed at his celling.

Kei turned back to you," [Name]...what's wrong?"

"Why is he crying?" you whimpered, pointing to the unrecognized teen with your weaponed hand. "I don't even know who he is...but it hurts... My heart hurts...to see him cry..."

"[Name], think carefully," the ravenette whispered, placing his hands on your shoulders. "Look at him," he gestured to the teen who turned his back to the two of you. "His eyes, his hair, his face-you know him. Remember? His name is-"

"Gah!" you dropped the katana and fell to your knees, clutching at your head with your hands. A low whimper gradually evolving into a scream came from your lips, and you shut your eyes from the light that illuminated the room as it only made the sudden pain in your head worse.

As you screamed once more, Kei stepped back, his hands making gestures of a spell in process. The other male rushed over though, and he pulled you into his arms, whispering in your ear," Breathe slowly [Name], breathe-"

"I'm so sorry," you whimpered, gazing at him with helpless eyes as your tears scattered when you shook your head," I don't know who you are!"

"Bring the princess to the consciousness of the deaf and blind! Take her to the realm of dreams-to the darkness of the mind!"

A silver insignia that matched yours, extending from beneath Kei's feet, engulfed the ground of the room and ran up the walls. It flashed white once, and as soon as it did, it arose from the ground in silvery wisps, coiling around your body-becoming white once again as it rested in place upon you. You closed your eyes as you shook with fright, and when the strands of light flashed once more, you went limp in the teen's arms, and he shook his head as Kei now crouched down on your other side.

Darkness swirled around you in tranquility, and you wondered why you couldn't hear the two boys speak, or even see them no matter how much you tried to open your eyes. Your body felt weightless, and it didn't take you too long to appreciate the moment of stillness, nothingness, before succumbing to it and exhaling in relaxation. As a consequence of this though, your train of thought slowly began to disappear too, and it felt as if you had fallen asleep.

SLAM.

You blinked, straightening up. Confused, you looked around, finding yourself in the locker room of the school. Your hand was on your locker's knob, and you were changed into the uniform for P.E. Slowly, the murmurs and laughs of girls in the area filled your ears, and as it was followed by the ringing of the bell, you finally registered that class was to start.