Chapter 41

The rain had begun again when the doorbell rang. Earlier, after eating lunch with Namine, you agreed to sleeping over at her house once more in an attempt to try something with a few of the girls, in order for them to remember you. The house was silent at the moment as well: Namine having left home, Wasurete and Kei to work, leaving you with Kai, who, was busy on the headset of the PS3, playing—rather yelling—at what you overheard as Zell.

Sitting up from your slumped position on the couch, phone in the pocket of your sweats, you followed Kai to the door by feeling the wall. It creaked open, and Kai welcomed in Reks, who, politely declined saying that he had arrived to pick you up. Patting the ravenette's back then, and telling him you would be home soon, you slipped your shoes on and a hood over your sweater, being led out the door by Reks and into a car.

The ride to wherever your destination was, was quiet. A thick aura of awkwardness hung in the air after a while, blanketing the casual conversation you two were having about school. It stayed like this for a while, and when the car came to an eventual stop, you sighed in relief, Reks laughing lightly, telling you to wait as he rushed to the other side, helping you out. You were led up a stairwell, and could hear the distant echo of the traffic on the main street from the walls that surrounded it. Assuming it was an apartment of some sort, you were confirmed of this when Reks's keys jingled into a lock, and you were led inside where you were greeted by the strong scent of cup ramen.

Helped onto the couch, you sat there as the sound of shuffling and rearranging replaced the silence, and suddenly nervous, you began tapping your foot, biting your lip as you thought about how dire this might be if Reks didn't take you to a café or somewhere else in public. Before you could dwell on it more though, you heard someone clear their throat, and you sat up a bit from your slumped state.

"So um," Reks cleared his throat once more," I'm here, and so is Touya."

"Touya...?" thrown into a sudden confusion, your face slightly turned when he gave you a curt greeting. "Right... So, this is about...?"

"Alright, I'm just gonna get straight to this—ask questions if you're confused," Touya placed his cup down with a small clink on the coffee table you assumed was in front of you. "We're both precognitionists—we see things that happen in the future. Because of this, we saw some...stuff."

"It's blurry at first, and sometimes may not even come true, but when we hone our ability to see—"

Touya sighed," Reks, Reks—I got this, I'm sure she knows."

"Ah...sorry," the silverette cleared his throat. "I just thought she should have some back knowledge..."

"Look, since we can see things that can happen, we've been trying to prevent it, but we can't all the time. What we see, just like any other precognitionist can, is anything around us, and sometimes random things—things that don't matter. But sometimes, we can see drastic changes, and acting in response to this, based on our visions is...looked down upon, both by the gifted and obviously normal people. Now...just think about that last thing I said."

"I...don't understand..."

"We know...who you are, [Name]," Reks admitted quietly.

"Y-You what!?"

"We saw you coming two weeks before you actually showed up. But, because we can't remember right, we couldn't just jump in and say, you know?"

"So then...when you rescued me, from those shinobi a week or so ago...you saw where I was?"

"We did," Touya said. "And what we saw about you the first time was actually this scene, right now. But in addition to that, we've seen Noa's death—which we couldn't do anything about—Ryuushin's return, and most of Chiyoko's encounters with you."