Chapter 40

Kick.

Punch, punch, kick.

CLANK.

"Ryuushin you're getting sloppy."

"I-I'm just trying not to hurt her!"

"You're panicking, I can—"

"Go AMAYA! You have him!"

It was mid-morning the next day, around nine o'clock, and you were at Auron's dojo, brushing up on your skills without sight. You had been here for the past three hours—dragged to the place by Ryuushin—and you had to admit, over the course of the short time, you had regained your ability to function as if blindfolded much easily now. In addition, your skills for fighting in general were slowly kicking back in, making you crave the exhilaration of battle.

Previous to this, you finally got home around midnight after meeting Kei and Kai at a closed Café Alps for something to drink. Explaining the situation to them, you considered your options as to who Chiyoko's boyfriend was, based on what you knew. But, after much consideration leading you in circles, you stopped, deciding on going home. However, your brother—half drunk—came in at the same time with shopping bags, and, when he tapped your shoulder, rather than feeling for who he was, you panicked, shoving him to the floor, knocking him out somehow.

*Flash*

"...I don't think we HAD to knock him out," you murmured, Kei peering at the unconscious face of your brother, his figure sprawled out in the front yard.

"WE?" Ryuushin cocked an eyebrow. "I was opening the door. YOU'RE the one who decided you were going to have a moment and smack him in the face."

"He was stumbling around, what was I supposed to do?" you frowned. "If only this worked out earlier back at the bar..."

"Let's just agree to get him inside," Kei sighed. "He's drunk again anyway."

*Flash*

CLINK.

"Enough."

"No not yet!"

"I said, enough."

...Huff... Huff... Huff...

"I...can't...breathe," Ryuushin choked out.

"Sorry!" you gasped, releasing him from your hold as you sat back upon the grass, leaning with your palms face down behind you.

"You..." the ravenette coughed. He then chuckled lightly," There's no need to take your anger out on me—I didn't do it."

You smiled," I think...I needed this... just to get back into that...battle feeling again."

"Your form is a little sloppy," Auron stated, his footsteps treading lightly upon the grass. "However, Ryuushin couldn't keep up with you... Either he underestimated you, or, you are releasing what you have been building inside... Whichever the cause, you did well."

"Thank you," you bowed slightly, another pair of footsteps in front of you now.

"I don't know why you stopped them Sensei..."

"Kiryu, learn your restraint when watching," Auron scoffed. "I don't want to put you on cleaning duty now."

"Cleaning? You think that'd stop me?" the pale haired teen made an amused noise, then, murmured an apology quickly after, as Auron's footsteps faded off, towards the yelling children back within the dojo.

"I'll go with him, alright?" Ryuushin said, resting a hand on your shoulder as he stood. "Then when our shift is over, we can head to the school for the blitzball meeting." You nodded. "And you, watch her, don't hurt her," he levelly glared at Zero, before walking off after Auron.