Chapter 2

“[Name]-chan, hey [Name]-chan, wake up.”

You were shaken lightly, eyes fluttering open to meet the deep brown of Kakawara’s. Yawning, you sat up, rubbing them. She smiled softly, laying a change of clothes on your lap before patting your back and telling you to get ready. Doing as told, you groggily stood and yawned once more, furrowing your eyebrows at the clock which read 10:54AM. Other than you, the room was empty with the futons rolled up and pushed aside, so you only guessed that the others were awake.

The change of clothes the brunette had given you were simple: a gray long sleeved hooded shirt, a plated khaki skirt, and white leggings suitable for the somewhat cold weather outside. As you combed your hair, you listened to the rain that softly patted against the roof of the house, staring blankly at the mirror—not looking at anything particular, but just in deep thought. Catching yourself from getting lost in them, you sighed and stood from the dresser, exiting the room and making way into the kitchen where you heard a familiar voice speaking.

“So she’s from one of the worlds in that universe?” he asked curiously. “And she just found out about her powers?”

In recognition of the voice, you straightened up and pressed yourself against the wall, moving slowly as you peeked your head around the corner. There, before Aoi at the table was Fai—his hair slightly longer, but other than that, looking just as he did when you last saw him. His head was resting on his intertwined fingers, elbows propped up on the table. On either side of he and Aoi sat Datenshi, Kouki, and Oni—Kakawara washing dishes at the sink.

“Correct,” Aoi nodded.

“Convenient she landed here isn’t it?” Kouki chuckled.

“I see…Well alright then! I can take her to Twilight Town. There, she can be reunited with her friends and—”

“What are you doing?”

Startled, you jumped and whirled around to see Ma-eum, eyebrow cocked suspiciously. Scratching the back of your head, you smiled sheepishly,” U-Um…nothing?”

“Scared to go?” he asked, running a hand through his hair as he peaked around the corner. You nodded and he chuckled, laying a hand around your shoulders directing you to the kitchen,” Don’t be. You’ll be fine, [Name]. Just…use tactic five.”

“Thanks for the advice,” you chuckled, making his usual scowling face crack a smile.

“Hey, look who’s up,” he called, the two of you entering the designated room.

“[Na]—err…Morning sleepy head,” Aoi stood, gesturing to you with an unsure smile as Fai turned around and grinned. “Fai-san, this is her.”

“Go on, introduce yourself,” Datenshi nodded, sipping his coffee.

“How do you do? My name is…Amaya,” you bowed, staring at the floor.

“Last name?”

“Uh…”

“Nochi,” Ma-eum answered when seeing you couldn’t come up with one. “Forgive her, she’s just a little shy about it.”

The shinobi gave one another unsure looks, waiting for Fai’s reaction. Their eyes lowered sadly when the blonde beamed and bowed in return,” Well, that’s a pretty name you got there! I’m Fai—I’m sure you’ve heard of me from these guys.”