Chapter 35

"Amaya, let's go! You want a ride don't you?" 

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" 

"Well, hurry it up!"

The next morning, you checked your bottle for medicine--as per your daily routine for the past few days--only to find that it was all gone. Curious as to what would happen without it, you considered going to the pharmacy when you noticed that on the back of the label, something was written upon it. Curiously, you removed the label at a slow pace, and once off, unfurled the note.

'[Name]-hime, 

If you're reading this, it means you had gone through the entire bottle of medicine, which in turn, signals that you have completely healed. The capsules were small bits of herbs from the Edo period, fused with healing materia, in order to gradually heal your injury as if done by magic alone. You should not feel any pains, and your stomach should not have any bruises left behind. If you are experiencing any of the two, please inform me. 

--Yamazaki'

Surprised by the contents of the note, you took a glance at your stomach as you got dressed, finding that there was indeed no left behind mark from the injury. To be sure that there would be no more pain though, you repeatedly tapped your stomach, and sloppily preformed a few sit-ups which painlessly confirmed that you were healed. In the time you wasted doing this, you were late for breakfast, and since you had already woken up late to begin with, you had rushed downstairs, wolfing down whatever Kei had placed in front of you: eggs and bacon you guessed--unable to even remember because of the rush.

You jumped down from the stool in the kitchen and swallowed the last of your eggs, almost choking on it in the process. Grabbing the cup of orange juice Kai had, you chugged it down as quickly as you could, pausing to catch your breath.

"That was mine [Nickname]~!" the ravenette frowned, whining. "That was the last of it too!" 

Kei sighed, checking the refrigerator," Don't hassle [Name] and have milk or something Kai-seok, we have to go shopping later anyway." Closing it, the teen then looked towards you," Wasurete is going to be a big help with bills by the way. He's offering to pay them for this month." 

"You should tell me when they come in, I want to help too!" you said, finishing the orange juice, almost slamming the cup on the counter. "It's why I got a job." 

"I don't know how much you get paid though," Kei said, scratching the back of his head. "But I'll for sure have the expenses evenly split up for the first month of the year, and--" 

"Amaya, I'm giving you one minute!" 

"You know, speaking of Wasurete, it's amazing how you were able to bond with him so easily," Kai noted. 

"They are siblings," the elder twin pointed out. "Even if they're supposed strangers now they'll get along better than most people in the same situation. You should know that..." 

"Well, yeah, but--" 

"Alright I'm off!" you grinned, waving at the boys before rushing out the door.

Sliding into the front passenger's seat of Wasurete's car, you buckled yourself in and sighed heavily, still feeling thirsty. Leaning back, you paced your breathing, opening the window to let in the cool, moist air of a drizzling day into the car. Wasurete nudged your shoulder with a water bottle, driving lazily with one hand as the car turned left. You looked at him curiously, and he only jabbed you with the plastic once more, speeding through a yellow light, leaving you to catch on and gratefully take the bottle.

When you arrived at school, you found that it wasn't at all crowded as it normally would have been. There were still students, but less than half of what it normally would have been due to the schedule; and because of the weather, too, you expected the ones who did come for extra-curriculars to be inside, most likely. Kei informed you there was no official practice for the showcase today in order for the performers to have one day of rest, but classrooms and gathering areas were still open for the chance to roam around, closing at the normal time school would be let out.