Chapter 32

"You have the right to remain silent, Anything you say can and will be held against you in the Court of Law. You have the right to speak to an attorney and have one present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?"

Shocked, you were unable to respond. With everything happening, you assumed that, since there was no news on it, the entire incident was forgotten. However, it was the opposite, and now that the day had finally arrived, you did not know what to do-your mouth hung open a bit, and your eyes that were once wide had receded to their normal size, but with a blank gaze.

The two officers that were at the doors exited the room, and you were being escorted out yourself, dragged out by the elbow by Vayne, since your legs were delayed in their movements. You could hear the murmurings in the class grow in volume once you were down the hall, and with a cloud of embarrassment hanging over you, you suddenly felt the urge to cry; but what would have been the point if it only made walking that much more hard?

Pushed into the back of a police car, the door was closed behind you, and you sat there, shivering slightly from the light rain that had dampened you during your walk across the courtyard. As the rain tapped against the roof of the car from outside, the other police vehicles were leaving, and the yellow caution tape was being pulled away. Officers were checking in with Vayne-who was a few feet from the cruiser you were in-and with their preoccupation, they failed to notice the news vans that immediately took place of the caution tape: reporters filing out, camera's flashing, and other cameras filming.

It was a mess, and that embarrassment you felt earlier morphed into humiliation, making you to shake your head out and have your hair shield your face-the best to your ability anyway. You curled up into a ball a bit, and lowered your head so that it was against the seat, watching from behind the [color] strands as the police car suddenly became crowded, and shouts were being heard from outside.

The door quickly opened and closed, but you didn't move. Vayne instructed you to buckle up, but before you could even move-or in fact, tell him you were incapable because you were handcuffed-the car suddenly sped off, and your body flew to the right with your eyes widening in surprise. Again, the car turned, and this time you slid to the other side, but when it sped up, and suddenly stopped, you lost you seating, and ended up in the foot space between the front backrests and the back seat. Exhaling sharply, you didn't bother getting up, convincing yourself that the floor was a better option to sit-at least it wouldn't throw you around.

Vayne had probably broken more rules driving than Kei did, and when he opened the door, arriving at your destination-a downtown police station-he curiously gazed at you as if there was something wrong with you. You were taken by the arm once more, and popped out of the little area you had been stuck in. Shrugging out of the ravenette man's hold, you dragged your feet as you followed him across the parking lot, to the designated building.

The courtyard of the police station was mostly made of cement that was patterned to look like bricks, and was multi toned in shades of beige and light gray. Beyond it, surrounding the building in the front, was a lawn with lush grass, and bordering shrubs right against the structure. There were a few, small, trees upon the lawn too, and were thin, with browning leaves. There were brick squares that acted as benches, with little plants flourishing within them. Pillars with the names of past, high-ranking officers were set up with flag polls that harbored the Twilight Town's flag, and the flags of the department's supporting institutions.

The station itself was white in the front half, and black in the second, with very few windows in back, and the entire front where the entrance was, solely glass. An angled awning that was white stood right over the entrance at the top of the building, and had three large pillars as its support-a thin one to the left, and thick one to the right, with a dark gray one to the right, up against the building.