Chapter 21

Pre-Chapter Author's Note: Results have changed a bit since I did a recount on the B.O.C Poll. If a B.O.C is a P.O.V Result, he has no votes. The new B.O.Cs who do not have any votes either, have a * next to their name, and will be P.O.Vs alongside the others who still have nothing if by the time the next major results chapter is out (whenever that is) they still have no votes. Again, I'd like to remind you all, recheck the B.O.C Poll and make sure you didn't forget anyone—I hate having to leave some guys out! Enjoy the chapter! :D

--------------------------------------

It was around sunset as you exited the Shinra building in your normal attire. The results for the job positions would be announced on Wednesday, and you were given a paper signed by Rufus himself that allowed you to skip school for that day. Until then, the uniform and locker you had used was left in your name in case you were selected.

With your phone in hand, you inhaled the fresh outside air as a breeze blew, and proceeded to walk across the parking lot. Despite the time, it was still fairly cluttered with cars—that going for the busy street the building was on as well, where they honked continuously and uselessly when the traffic came to a standstill.

As you were about to cross the final section of the lot, a black BMW came to a screeching halt by your feet, and you fell back, barely avoiding it. Letting out a sharp exhale, you shook your head in disbelief and got up, dusting your hands as the front, right side passenger door opened, and a person immediately rushed to your side.

You glanced up to see a tall ravenette boy in his late teens kneeling down to you—a scar framing the corner of his left eyebrow, down his temple. He was in a dark red hood, pulled up over his short black hair, zipped halfway down to expose his white shirt beneath. The stylish holes in his ripped denim skinnies gave a slight tear as his movements stretched them, and his emerald gaze observed you worriedly.

"Are you alright? You're not hurt are you?"

You shook your head," I'm fine."

"I'm terribly sorry about my brother," he sighed, scratching the back of his head. "He's still learning to drive and since this was a parking lot I thought...," frowning, he trailed off, sighing again.

"Look, it's okay—I'm not even hurt," you smiled. "But thank you for your concern."

"If you say so... Hey, get out here and apologize," the boy turned around, speaking to the driver, whose door opened at the command.

"Machina," you blurted out, recognizing the driver who sported a black shirt and jeans.

"Amaya," the ravenette bowed slightly in acknowledgement, approaching. "S-Sorry about that."

"Were you here for a job too?"

He nodded," SOLDIER; I saw you going for the Turks—I'm sure you made it," he gave a small smile.

"You two know each other?" the other male cocked an eyebrow.

Machina nodded again," This is Amaya—Amaya, meet my older brother, Izano."

"Izano...as in a province within Italy?"

"Huh," the elder of the two smiled," not many people know that."

"Your background IS a bit misleading to your first name," you shrugged.

His eyes narrowed," Who told you we're ninjas?"

"I was introduced to her like that," Machina rolled his eyes. "If it wasn't said then, she would have surely heard something from Yuffie at one point or another."

Izano nodded slowly. "Ah," he turned to you," why don't you get in? We'll be more than happy to give you a ride home."

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a bother," you frowned.