Chapter 16

"[Name], school time," Kei whispered, shaking you softly.

Despite the incident with Axel at Café Alps yesterday, Vanille decided on keeping you as an employee. It turned out the last two girls before you quit the job after going out, then being dumped by, the redhead who had done much of the same to them while they walked around. Until a new door was to be bought and installed somewhere within the week, a thick plastic covering took its place, held down by strong tape. The café was still following its schedule though, and during work hours, it was decided that unless it rained, the opening would be left as is, and your work agenda was settled on being two hours every day after school with the additional three to four on Sunday.

When you came home last night, you had cleared out your duffel bag and ate dinner with the twins. Then, before going to sleep, you did—copied from Kei—the few worksheets that was homework which was due today. In addition, you hastily did work on what you couldn't copy, coming to the conclusion that even though the quality was somewhat insufficient, you still did it.

"I'm awake," you mumbled, yawning as you sat up.

"Are you feeling okay?" the ravenette questioned, pressing his palm to your forehead as he sat on the edge of your bed—you ignoring the fact that he was shirtless. "You screamed last night."

"Yep, and it scared the shit outta Kei," Kai added, leaning against the doorframe. "He slept on the floor." At this, the elder of the two shot a glare towards his brother.

You sighed," The same thing happened the other night according to Cid. I don't know what it is though—I don't remember dreaming about anything at all."

"Your subconscious is trying to tell you something," Kai hummed. "Guess we just wait to see what it is."

"Right," Kei nodded, standing. "I'll let you get ready now."

As he turned, your eye caught sight of his back. It was decorated heavily with black tattoo inking of a dragon that looked much like him in his kudan form. By the way it was drawn into Kei's skin, it looked to be protecting an orb that rested before it, its eyes piercing it protectively. Within the sphere, a yin yang symbol rested atop pieces of shattered glass. However, despite the ink, you noticed numerous scars in haphazard areas. Some were long, others short, but most looked like stab marks.

"Wait," you furrowed your eyebrows, standing and grabbing his hand.

"Is something wrong [Name]?" he turned to you innocently, curiosity striking his face.

"What happened to your back?" you asked quietly, fingertips softly brushing against the healed scars that were smoother than his original skin.

Kei tensed, straightening his posture," Nothing, just a little scratch I got. I should finish getting dressed." With that, he sped down the hall, almost slamming the door after entering his room.

Kai sighed," Remember what I told you last week? That final happening of our past?"

"Those were scars that remained," you murmured. "...And he won't say a thing."

"Hyung doesn't like complaining—he hates being a hassle, especially towards you despite what you say... Anyways, you should get ready; it's six ten."

Breakfast was eaten in silence. Kei stared at the bowl of cereal that he placed before himself with lost eyes, eventually picking at it. Kai finally engaged a conversation, snapping his brother out of the trance, but while he spoke, you noticed the worry behind his silver eyes. Ten minutes later, you all then left for school.

When beginning study hall, Lulu informed everyone that the finalizations for new students were officially over, and some classes in return were more crowded than others. Therefore, if an original student got their schedule changed, it was because of balancing. In addition, the results for Saturday tryouts would be released during the week depending on the coach, and when they were finished with evaluations.