Chapter 5

While waiting for night to come, you decided on taking a nap. During then, Kai had gotten ready, returning from showering in an ensemble of a long sleeved V-neck black shirt, dark denim skinny jeans, and white high tops. Kei came home later, a purple paper bag in his hands. He dressed in the same apparel as his brother once getting ready, and when he had reached over to awaken you, he immediately pulled his hand back as if it had burned him. The younger dragon looked at him in question, cocking an eyebrow.

“What’s wrong?”

“[Name]…her forehead is burning,” Kei mumbled.

“Remember the after effects? Her powers are slowly returning, so of course she’s going to be a little off in the health department—maybe. But, as I see it, she’ll be fine as long as she doesn’t overdo herself. She’s in a technically weak state now.”

“Right, right—how could I forget?” the ravenette exhaled slowly, then shook you lightly. “[Name], time to wake up—you need to get ready for tonight.”

You mumbled something incoherent, rubbing your eyes and sitting up with the teen’s help,” W-What time is it?”

“Six-thirty three,” Kai answered, handing you the bag his brother had brought in. “Kei gotcha a little something to wear.”

“You shouldn’t have,” you smiled, after yawning once more.

“No big deal,” he smiled back. “Think of it as a little welcome back present. Uh…[Name], you do feel…okay to go…right?”

“Yeah, why?” you cocked your head.

He smiled,” No reason.”

“I’ll go get ready then,” you nodded, rummaging through your suitcase for a moment. Then you took the bag and headed to the bathroom.

Showering quickly, you dried up and opened the purple bag. Inside, there lay a crimson dress, patterned with gray from the midsection down. Around the edges, including the neck and small skirt area, it was ruffled with black, a small single feather hanging from the left side. You slipped it on, twisting and turning in the mirror to make sure you didn’t fold it, then adjusted it a bit, the sleeves coming down to your knuckles.

Satisfied, you took your time working on your hair, trying to figure out something new to do with it. However, after several minutes passed, you sighed, pulling it into a quick bun with a large clip. You exited, but stopped in your tracks, seeing the position the two brothers were in, furrowing your eyebrows.

“Take it back!”

“No!”

“Take it back!”

Kai was on his stomach, muffling his laughter as he covered his face with his left arm. The other was twisted behind him, Kei on his back, looking at you with a surprised expression, eyes wide as he shook his head rapidly, unable to form the words to explain what was happening.

“Should I ask or…?” you trailed off, kneeling down to your suitcase and putting your things away.

“Kei’s—”

The ravenette smiled, covering his brother’s mouth,” [Name], you look stunning.”

You smiled, standing,” Well, you picked out a wonderful design. How did you know my size though?”

“Mmmmmhmhmhmhm!” Kai mumbled behind his brother’s hand.

“Lucky guess,” he shrugged, the younger male rolling his eyes.

A knock came to the main door then, and Kai rolled over, slamming Kei onto the floor before jumping up and answering it. “Hi the—oh, hey.”

“Change of plans—I’m here to pick up Amaya,” the voice said. You unable to see who it was due to Kai’s height, catching only the gray ripped jeans he wore, tucked into black combat boots.