Chapter 6

“Where’s [Name]?” Kei instantly became alerted as soon as the new song was halfway finished, searching for you on the dance floor.

“I don’t know,” Kai shrugged. “Let her hang out with her friends, hyung—you’re the one who said she needed time with them.”

“But that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t—”

“Oh my god!” Rinoa ran out from behind the bar and to Angeal who was carrying you in his arms. “What happened to her?”

“I don’t know. The girls found her passed out against one of the columns,” he answered. “Yuffie and Rikku were trying to get her up, but she’s irresponsive.”

The brunette girl pressed a palm to your now sweaty forehead only to yelp and pull back immediately,” She’s burning up! Really BURNING!”

“Take her upstairs to the empty room,” Tifa said coming from behind the bar. “Rinoa, you go call Balthier.”

“Right,” the two brunettes nodded, going in the designated direction.

“Hime,” Kei mumbled. “W-Wait up!” he followed Angeal upstairs.

“Hime?” Demyx, who was sitting on a barstool, raised an eyebrow. “Did he just call her princess?”

“It’s a little nickname we gave her,” Kai shrugged. “Guess my brother never kicked it outta his system.”

“Oh,” he nodded slowly, however, slightly skeptical.

Angeal laid you down on the soft white sheets of the lone bed in the empty room and removed the bag you wore, setting it on the nightstand. Kei rushed in not long after, and behind him, Balthier, who instructed the two boys to exit the room. A short while passed, and the blonde returned, his mouth pressed into a tight line, expression perplexed.

“I’ve never seen someone with a fever so high. We should take her to the hospital, but maybe it’s just a reaction from all the excitement on the dance floor,” he glanced at his watch. “If an hour passes and her temperature hasn’t either wavered or only gotten higher, you by all means must take her. Until then, watch over her.”

“Thank you,” Kei nodded. “I’ll stay here then.”

“I’ll let Tifa know, maybe she has an ice pack handy,” Angeal told Kei, going down the stairs with Balthier.

***

“[Name]! [Name]!”