Chapter 13

'Today is the day you got married,' Kai's hesitant statement echoed in your head as you came out of the bathroom and went into your room.

Although you obviously wouldn't remember it, the fact that you had gotten married at all in a past life made you curious. Not only was this about the life—that had that had been described to you by the younger twin earlier in the week—but also to whom. What Kai told you mostly revolved around he and his brother, so when you asked, either he didn't hear you, or he didn't want to answer, because halfway through your sentence, he jogged up to Bartz who called him.

Pushing your thoughts aside, you shook your head and put on your outfit for the night. You took a better look at the dress Terra had picked out for you too. The spaghetti straps, and end fringes of the dress were a plaid pink, whereas the actual body of the dress was black. There was a zipper going along the front right side to close it, and another smaller one on the left that was a pocket. Since it was cold out though, you wore a matching pink, long sleeved shirt underneath which showed off your shoulders. After combing through your hair, you put on the patterned headband in it as you pleased. Then, tucking your phone into the pocket, you wore your glasses as you exited your room.

At the top of the stairs, you spotted Kai whirling in circles on a stool in the kitchen. He sported a white V-neck over a dark gray, cropped, unbuttoned vest, with matching skinny jeans. His hair was neatly combed, covering his forehead, and part of his left eye which caught your arrival, making him wave as he continued to spin. You sat on the stool beside him with crossed arms and legs, waiting until he stopped. When he did, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and he frowned.

"What?"

"Tell me," you uncrossed your arms, leaning forward," who did I marry?"

[Name]—"

"Please? I'm curious now!"

"About what?"

Kei descended the stairs in a red plaid flannel that was rolled up to his sleeves, and dark, faded, denim skinny jeans with chains hanging from either side. He had a smile on his face, as he stepped down the last stair, making sure the leather trimmed, dark gray skull decorated watch on his left wrist was secured. Hair styled like his brother's you were able to identify the small cut on his right cheek more easily now. The teen's smile faltered into a purse of his lips when neither you nor Kai answered.

"[Name]?"

"Kai told me—"

"That she looks incredible tonight~!" the younger twin plastered a grin on his face as he jumped down the stool and pulled you with him, twirling you around. "She's curious though, if you think so~? ...Hey that rhymed!"

"Of course," he nodded, the smile slowly returning. "She always looks beautiful."

"See? I told—"

"That's not what I was going to say," you pouted.

"Then what is it?" Kei frowned. "Is something wrong?"

Seeing the immediate discomfort coming from Kai as he looked away, you paused, considering your answer. You sighed, pointing at the teen," Kai...told me that I looked like an anime character, and I'm wondering if I should go change." At this, Kai shot you a relieved smile.

"Don't listen to Kai-seok—he's not as smart as he used to be," the elder ravenette smirked. "Let's go now. We're walking so—"

"WHY do you insist on us walking!?" Kai groaned, shuffling to the door, where the three of you put on your shoes, you in combat boots, the other two in white high-tops. "Isn't this why we got a car?"