Chapter 54

A few hours passed again. At almost ten, you finally ate, Lucis ordering you to have some coffee as you, he, Cid Raines, and Prompto continued to wait. Not much was said after Prompto's comment, taking the blame, as he ended up breaking down and crying—much to the annoyance and dismay of Cid. There was only word once or twice from the room down the hall, and only Lucis got the gist of anything that was happening. Since then, being dispersed to and from the room, you had fallen asleep at some point, being awoken by Lucis himself leading up to now.

In this bit of time, your anxious and frustration with the situation ended in your eyes burning. You checked every now and then—the feeling being similar to when you had geostigma, the burning of your irises specifically—and when confirming they were glowing, you did your best to calm down before heading out of the bathroom and back to the couch. There wasn't much to do in between, and when your thoughts bubbled over again, you found yourself going back and forth across the household.

Back at the table, you sat in your original positions—Prompto now on the sofa beside Cid. Eating in silence, you were suddenly blinded by a ray of light that flashed in the backyard. The illumination was enough that caused you to put the tea cup down, spilling a few drops. The spark was only done for a moment, and as it darkened once again, Lucis stood, heading into the kitchen. There was some muffled speaking, and he returned, sitting within his spot again. A cloaked woman walked across the room in all black, nothing of her to be seen. Behind her was one you recognized, donning a long, white, form fitting gown that thinly veiled her slim frame. You stood, confused—her blonde hair was ponytailed but she looked different.

"Stella?" you called.

She stopped, turning around slowly, at first only sparing you a glance over the shoulder. Cid reached across the table, also standing," Amaya, please, sit—"

You raised your wrist from his fingertips, not sparing him a glance, and he quietly retreated to his seat, looking at Lucis for help, it seemed. "Oracle of Tenebrae: Lunafreya Nox Fleuret," the blonde answered, her face still showing no hint of emotion—save for the determination in her accented voice. "Stella's elder sister—blood related."

You sucked in a light breath, surprised," Jihl isn't...?"

"Her behavior hasn't removed her from the family, but causes me to note on our cognate." Her eyes shifted to Lucis, curtly nodding to him, before hurrying down the hall, the woman following her.

Slowly, you sat again, realizing that the other woman indeed couldn't have been Stella. While they did look the same, Lunafreya exerted a more refined, mature air. In your first visit with everyone, you heard nothing about her, and now knowing she was some sort of oracle to what you assumed was her home world, you could only guess she—at the very least—was busier than Jihl. As the doors at the end of the hall closed, Lucis heaved a heavy sigh, and placed a hand on the table—where you had been staring—and you directed your attention towards him.

"It seems now is time for you to tell your story."

You sat up from your slouched position, eyes meeting with Cid's confused gaze—you know exactly what Lucis meant. "Is... Is it really time for this?

"I-I agree," the ravenette teen nodded, jerking his head to a still silent Prompto. "I'd rather hear how my brother came to be because of him."

"I apologize for doing so as you hesitate, but," Lucis turned to his son, who straightened his posture in return. "I believe the truth is in order for you; your [Name] is a lie."

"You said that to me earlier, and I still don't understand." Cid looked towards you once more, then back to his father. "I do understand she and Noctis has a sort of falling out but to call her my [Name] as she comes here—"