Chapter 11

The trespasser made sure to check all vital signs that you were alright—the cloud of guilt hanging over him not allowing him to carelessly leave even though that's what he wanted to do. They were all fine, to his relief; you had just passed out from the sudden gravitational change. However, there was a slight problem: when upon landing in the grassy backyard, your face hit his shoulder, which in return left a mark on your left cheek. How in the world would you hide that? It wasn't his problem, no, but again, guilt didn't let him leave.

The door suddenly opened then, making the trespasser freeze in place, panicking. Coming into the room was Kei, in his hand a mug that was half filled with warm hot chocolate, worried of you lack to eat earlier. When his eyes landed on the intruder, the mug slipped from his hand, making a large clatter onto the floor, the liquid spilling everywhere. He summoned his katana and pointed it, silver eyes narrowing.

"Who are you? WHAT do you think you're doing?" he asked slowly, words forcibly calm as he inched into the room. The male didn't answer, looking from your body to Kei.

Kai curiously came by the door," Hyung, what hap...pened?" his eyebrows furrowed, taking in the scene.

"I'll ask you one more time, what do you think you're doing?" Kei demanded.

No answer came, the intruder dropping a smoke bomb. Unfazed by the fog, Kei knew the figure was attempting to escape, and extended his left arm out, three shurikens on clear thin strings whooshing out and lodging themselves into the male's back. Halfway onto the balcony, he was dragged inside, where Kai quickly chained him with a manifested rope dart.

Kei wasted no time and bringing the male down the stairs roughly as his brother cleaned up the mess and made sure you were alright. He tossed the invader onto the dining room floor angrily, ripping off the mask he wore. Surprised by who it was, he scoffed, tossing the piece of clothing onto the floor as Kai came back downstairs with a soaked washcloth and the mug.

"Hyung, you're not going to like this—there's a mark on her cheek," he sighed. "It'll be purple by morning, I think she got hit by something—"

"My shoulder," the teen on the floor interrupted. "Her face hit my shoulder."

"Which brings us to the primal question," Kei crouched down to him. "What the hell were you doing in her room!?"

"I was doing a dare with some friends. When I lost sight of them, I came to a stop at the closest platform I could from the rooftops, and since I was on your roof, I went on the balcony. I was just going to rest for a second—"

"With a drawn weapon?" the ravenette scoffed.

Sighing, he continued," But Amaya was so quiet I didn't even know she was in the room. The lights were off too and when I did hear her I turn, and she was already behind me on the balcony with the door open. Then, she tackled me and I lost my footing falling down. She passed out mid fall and her face hit my shoulder where she got the mark."

"Why couldn't you just say that?" Kai frowned.

"Who in hell would believe me!?" the teen scoffed as Kei untied him. "For starters, I'm irritated by her, and I seeing how your brother is so overprotective—"

"You're overprotective of [Name]," Kei shook his head," so don't bother finishing that sentence."

"Whatever," he waved him off, taking his mask. "Sorry about this, I'll see you two at school."

Opening your eyes slowly, your vision adjusted to the canopy above you. You were tucked in snugly and the lights were off. It took you a few seconds until you remembered why you had blacked out so suddenly, and because of that, you shot up in bed, glancing at the clock to see that it was 5:47AM. Going through what happened in your mind repeatedly, you cursed yourself for trying to attack anyone in the unstable state you were in as you turned on the lights, looking yourself over to make sure nothing had happened to your body. When finding you didn't, you rushed out of the room to check on the boys.