Chapter 51

You awoke some time after your vision had gotten dark. You were sprawled upon two couches pushed together, snuggled beneath a dark blue blanket and numerous pillows. You groggily turned your neck, keeping your body still as you looked around the room in the dim illumination from an overhead chandelier of simple mosaic lamp cover upon the thin light bulb, noting an off yellow color of the walls. To the wall in front of you, was a brown door on the left end of it, the right harboring a mirror that covered the majority of the rest of the wall, with a simple, long cabinet beneath it, which had three drawers. As you struggled to sit up, you grabbed onto the couches' backrests, almost clawing your way up in a lazy, yet semi-determined fashion. From here, you looked around the room once more.

Upon the left, there was a coffee table, fruits and covered dishes laid out, as well as a ready tea set, with steam coming from the mouth of the teapot. The carpeted floor had a trace of where the couches were before, and you assumed that at some point, they were moved to make the makeshift bed. Turning to the right, you noticed a large array of flowers going from one end to another, with a small window in the upper right corner of it. Finally, moving your body, causing the blanket upon your torso to fall, you looked behind you, where two bookshelves stood between another door, this one white, with a golden handle.

It was when you turned back around that you were able to get a glance of yourself—hair disheveled, eyes silver, and...body nude. Surprised at your appearance, you immediately covered up your top half that was exposed, panicking as your eyes darted for some sort of clothing. When not finding any in your direct vision, you were ready to get yourself up, when the door behind you opened, and, in such a state, you rolled yourself over a back end of a couch, ready to run, when the laughing of Kyrie's voice, and distaste from Yunalesca's sigh made you almost cry in relief.

"Why?" you huffed, standing up. "Where are my clothes!?"

"I can't believe you're the same girl from a year before," Yunalesca shook her head, setting down a folded set of clothes on the armrest of the couch. "Shinobi this, quick kills that, overpowered kudan, and you still manage to squeal when you're naked."

"I woke up like this!" you gestured to yourself, holding up the blanket which you clutched with one hand. "And I'm supposed to be calm!?"

Kyrie giggled, putting her arms out from behind you, on either side of your neck, outstretched. "Lady Yunalesca, could you please pass me her clothes?"

"More different clothes?" you sighed. "I don't know how to keep these things intact. The jeans at home survived longer than this."

"It's alright, [Name]. This is called gear. Lady Yunalesca told me you are familiar with the concept."

"I was just introduced to it, actually," you cleared your throat, awkwardly, watching as Yunalesca handed back strings of a dress to Kyrie. You stiffened, feeling her tie the back of it.

As Yunalesca adjusted the front of what appeared to be a dress, Kyrie sighed, stopping her tying of the back laces. "What's wrong?" the silverette girl asked, glancing over your shoulder/

"I forgot about the undergarments..."

You got dressed with help from the girls. Of course, you put undergarments on your own, but the dress itself was a recreation of what you had previously worn from Yunalesca. As it turned out, a higher level of magic existed in which 'gear' could be created—gear being clothes with enhanced attributes according to someones own status. As such, what you had worn last night, and what Yunalesca made for you today, were examples of that; Yunalesca herself being able to conjure it using blessed magic, or holy magic, along with a base garment—the previous dress being one that would help in balancing your aether.