Chapter 45

The room stayed silent for a long while. The words you spoke was from a while ago, and you assumed that someone would speak up, however, that was not the case, and it made you realize how little you had perceived that statement-or rather, how little you knew of the Guado.

"Someone talk," you said, swallowing back the urge to scream. "What's wrong with Chiyoko allied with the Guado?"

"The Guado are a race in Spira that once threatened to bring chaos during the time of the summoners two years ago," Auron began, looking across the table at you. "Their leader, Seymour, at one point, brought fiends in an attempt to gain affinity among the people as he defeated them."

"You sound like you've seen these firsthand," Noel murmured, glancing at the man. "Were you...also Yuna's guardian?"

The ravenette man gave a curt nod. "I was a guardian of Yuna's father, with Jecht. Braska, and Jecht died during that coming of Sin-the monster that appears in Spira every ten years... However they returned to us shortly after Yuna's eternal calm began; back from Castle Oblivion, they said-much like [Name]... I too, died, and had Yuna send me."

You could feel your eyes widen at the information," So...you were an unsent?"

"At a time," he sighed. "But like them, and yourself, I too returned."

"Castle Oblivion then, isn't so bad," Zero hummed. "If I were to die..."

"It's not as easy as you think," Auron exhaled sharply. "My point on this story, is, Seymour was the leader of the Guado two years ago as well. At the time, his love interest was Yuna. We rescued her from him, and in seeing how close she was to Tidus, his hatred grew into something more... But that, is something for another day."

"That's why they're working together," Ryuushin said in awe, his eyes widened. "I can understand a part of him... He wants revenge on this matter-not only did you destroy his plans for Spira, but also the possible relationship he could have had with Yuna. He can get that, and a new lover, Chiyoko, through helping her. If he wants power, her manipulation skills have to be something out of the ordinary."

"Alright," Prompto sat up from laying down on the tatami floor. "We've figured out his reasons, so, what are we gonna do about it?"

"That's not ALL we should worry about," Reks shook his head. "There are multiple aspects that could be affected by this." He turned to you," [Name] you came here today mainly to catch up on things but also see where we should test out our next theory. I think rather than Noctis, or Roxas, we should focus on Tidus and Yuna-even Rikku too, then Paine. That group is in the most danger of something right now."

"I agree," Auron nodded. "The connection process you did with Zero should be done between Tidus and Yuna. If something happens to one of them, the other is our next target to remember."

"To be honest," you began," Zero's mind was by luck... I didn't know what to do, but now that I do, I realize, I don't know enough to bring either of them back the way I did with Zero... They ARE my friends but...the connection...it isn't strong enough."

"...Then let me do it," Noel stated, looking up from his tea cup. "Tidus always tells me to shut up when I talk-I think I've mentioned you before, and he's the reason we even met."

Namine giggled, biting her lip; you looked at her curiously, and she smiled. "He's done more than just MENTION you to his brother..."

"N-Namine...!" the brunette cleared his throat, hiding his face as he took a sip of tea.

"Shuyin can help you too, can't he?" you asked, remembering the twin you hadn't seen in a long while.

"You never met Shuyin though, not before," Noel murmured. "So I don't think he would be... Plus I... I'm not close with him the way I am with Tidus... Shuyin went to school in Spira because of something he did-they sent him there to get straight because of...stuff."