Chapter Sixty-One: We're Turning Ourselves In?

We heard the sirens behind us. We bolted down the streets as fast as we can, taking sharp turns, random alleys, and pushing past people to apologize later. But the sirens didn't fade away, they didn't give up. I can't be caught, we can't be caught. Terrible scenarios just raced through my head as fast as we were running. I'm too young, I can't go to jail, especially because it was his fault.

"Jordan I'm going to kill you!" I exclaimed, almost tripping as I ran, but caught my balance and continued running

He laughed as he ran, doing his best to hold on to his murse or satchel, whichever you prefer. "I think I heard this before!"

As common as this may seem, let's wind back to earlier that night for things to make sense.

With Declan taking another nap back at the base, it was only Bennett, Jordan and I. I didn't know where we were going, but wherever we were, Jordan was excited.

"I'm so excited!"

See?

"Excited for what? And where are we going?" I asked them from the back seat.

"That's for me to know, and you to find out," Jordan said slyly.

I ignored him, making him frown, and looked at Bennett. "Where are we going?"

"I'll be dropping you two off somewhere," he said calmly. "After that you two will walk to two other places before you can go back home."

"What? You're leaving me with him?" I demanded, emphasizing on the last two words.

Jordan grinned at me. "Is something wrong with that, Naomi?"

"Just for a couple of hours," he assured me.

I looked at Jordan. "Hours of pure torture," I finished.

"Aw, it won't be that bad," Jordan said. "The last guy was able to last a day."

"The last guy?" I repeated in disbelief.

"He's kidding," Bennett said, shooting Jordan a glare. "And it really won't be that bad. You already hanged out with him at that fair, compared to this, it won't be that bad."

"Yeah," Jordan said with a wink. "It'll be awesome. I've done this a couple of times, so as long as you stick with me, you'll be fine."

"Take my word for it Naomi," Bennett said, "which hopefully, it'll assure you. You might even have fun."

"Then how come you're not coming along with us?" I asked him.

"Believe me, I'd love to come to," Bennett began.

"Liar."

"Alright, but I still have something to do."

I eyed him. "Is it another gang thing?"

"No, it's a family matter."

"Is that a code word?"

"No, I'm serious," he said, looking at me from the rearview mirror. "I would rather come with you guys than face it, but if I've been summoned-"

"Summoned?" I repeated.

"A joke," he said curtly. "Just been ordered to come."

"Which is just the definition of summon," I told him.

He shrugged. "Though it's not as harsh."

"But enough about him," Jordan said. "Let's go back to what we're doing tonight."

"Is it going to be bad?" I asked slowly.

"Maybe..."

"Is is going to be stupid?"