Chapter Sixty-Nine: I Still Can't Believe-

“Let go!” They exclaimed.

“Never!” I cried.

“LET GO!”

“NEVAHH!”

“LET IT GO!”

I felt my hands slipping. “I can’t hold onto it anymore!”

“Then let go!” Jordan exclaimed.

“But I don’t want to go back to school!”

With winter break over, it means only one thing. School is back. Only, I don’t want to go back to school. I know it’s surprising for a nerd, but that doesn’t mean I’m not human (Yeah, we heard this before) All humans don’t like school. The only reason you go to school is to see your friends –now that I do, I don’t know about any other reasons.

At first, I was okay with going to school, given I’m all dressed up. It was when the guys arrived in the car did I have second thoughts. Obviously remembering what happened at New Years and the bullying at school waiting for me. I’m just glad my parents didn’t see as the guys dragged me into the car like kidnappers. It’d be bad to charge my only friends for kidnapping by my parents.

When we got to school, they still tried to drag me up the front steps and into the school. It wasn’t until now did I find the chance to grab onto the school doors. They could easily yank me out of the grip, but they didn’t want me to get hurt in the process. So they’re sticking with ordering me to let go or all of us falling over each other like Dominoes in a tug of war.

“No one does!” Jordan said with his hands still on my backpack.

Declan tugged on Jordan’s backpack. “But if we’re going, you’re going too.”

“How about this?” Bennett offered, doing his best not to let go of Declan’s backpack, “We’ll get pizza later if we survive today.”

“If?” I repeated.

“Yes, if.”

I paused to think about it. “Okay.” Then I let go of the door.

Which was a mistake.

Just like I thought we would, we fell down like dominoes or we lost in tug of war. I fell on Jordan, Jordan fell on Declan, and Declan fell on Bennett. We were left as a groaning mess, a few early kids of school passed by at the scene.

I rolled off my side and got back on my feet. Bennett shimmied his way from the bottom of the mountain and I helped him get up. The other two though had a little trouble.

Declan growled and tried push Jordan away. “Get your ass out of my face.”

“Well, get your face out of my ass,” Jordan snapped, doing his best to get up, but gravity isn’t being a good friend.

“If you don’t get your ass out of my face right now, you’re going to have to ask me to get my foot out of your ass.”

“Alrighty then,” Jordan said. “The ass is getting out of the face.”

“Is it just me,” I asked, “or did that whole conversation remind me when Will Smith shoved a guy’s head into another guy’s ass in Hancock.”

We all cringed at the memory.

“Yeah, I thought so too,” I muttered.

Jordan smiled. “C’mon you guys, let’s just get through the day.” With that, he started to walk down the hall.

“I don’t know why you of all people are so happy to get back to school,” I told him. “Especially with all of that winter break homework we had in biology.”