Chapter Forty-Six: I'm Not Wearing Tights

"Hey."

I stiffened in place at the sound. I turned and let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, it's only you guys."

I shouldn't be so paranoid, not right now anyway. It's only been a day since the website shut down and already I've been getting the evil eyes, slight shoves in the hall, and whispers behind my back. I knew it was coming back, but I didn't know this fast. But it's best to ignore it while it's still small.

"Only?" Jordan asked offended. "We're the Three Musketeers, we're the one and only." He said with a grin.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" I asked him.

"Besides that we're free from the girls' clutches?"

"And whines."

"And errands."

Declan shivered. "She made me eat chocolate." He looked at me and repeated it. "Chocolate."

"It isn't that bad," Bennett muttered.

"Try saying the same thing when you eating strawberries next time."

"Or vanilla," Jordan added.

I shook my head and asked them, "Did she sign them?"

Jordan snorted. "What other choice did she have? Of course she signed them."

Declan nodded. "Yeah, they're right here." He said as he held out the contract to me.

I took it and looked through it.

"You know, for a girl she has terrible handwriting," Declan commented.

I eyed him. "What do you mean by that?"

"Oh c'mon, you of all people must know that girls have handwriting by hearting their "i's" and all of that cursive stuff. But guys scribble when writing and even an archeologist won't be able to decipher them."

"Okay, most of its true, but there are some exceptions," I defended.

"Really?" Declan countered. "Like what?"

"Did you know that only smart people have crappy handwriting because they're going too fast to write perfectly and want to write everything down? If you're taking your time writing so pretty, you get less information and not even trying. Also, some people ust don't care if they're handwriting looks good, as long as it gets the job done."

"T-that's not true," Jordan retorted. 

There was a long pause as we all stared at Jordan.

"Let me see you handwriting."

"No."

"Jordan."

"No."

I gave up. Jordan is an enigma to me. It was then I heard the distinct sound of high heels clicking down the hall coming towards us.

"Oh no," Jordan said.

Bennett backed up. "It can't be."

"It's them," Declan said in realization.

"Oh boys!" Abby's voice called out to us.

"Do you think they can catch us in those high heels?" Declan asked us.

"A girl on a mission can run as fast as she wants to," I answered. "And they can always take off their high heels."

They all cursed under their breath.

"Oh look, they arrived."

"Where have you been, Decky?" Hannah purred.

"Avoiding you," Declan replied.