Chapter Three: Do You Think We Forgot Something?

"So how long did it take you guys to make this?" I asked, referring to the stack of papers I was holding.

I was sitting on a very comfortable leather armchair in Starbucks. The Three Musketeers, who are none other than Bennett Frazier, Jordan Wallace, and Declan Lynch, are sitting right across from me in the same comfortable leather armchairs. The kicker is that the Starbucks is empty with only the four of us in it, and right now we're having business negotiations.

The thing is, the Three Musketeers want to make a contract with me, called The Contract of Starbucks. Yeah, I wonder who was the genius who came up with the name too. Anyway, for some reason they want to become my... friends. They don't see the unpopular, nerdy, defenseless girl I see.

I mean they do, but that's not the point.

They say that they see something more in me. How I stand up to my bullies, how I put up with them, how I survive the hits I get everyday. And they somehow get me since they're also outcasts of the school, for a different reason though. While I'm the outcast of the school because I'm a nerd. They're the outcasts of the school because they're bad boys. And because of that everyone avoids them, doesn't stand up to them, and girls can't flirt them. Life sure must be tough for them.

But maybe I can cut them some slack. They're seen as monsters you could say, they're feared. Maybe that could be just as bad as the treatment I'm getting. Sure I get a couple of bruises and hits, I've been going through with this my whole life. But imagine you're new to the school with your two other friends and the whole school is scared of you. Of course it's not as bad as the situation as me, nothing could be as bad as mine, but it's close to it. The four of us get how cruel society can be, and somehow that brought us to now.

Jordan answered. "About a day."

I blinked. "A day?" We've met just yesterday at Friday, and here's the contract on Saturday. There's proof, but I just don't believe it.

He shrugged, doing his best not to make a big deal out of it. "It was no big deal, it only took me-"

"Wait you did this?" Waving the contract in the air.

"Yeah I-"

I looked at Declan and Bennett. "Are you serious? He did this? The two of you, I believe could do it, but Jordan?"

"Hey! I'm right here y'know!"

Bennett shrugged. "He's the fastest typer out of the three of us."

"The guy can be a geek if he wants to."

Jordan gritted his teeth. "As I was saying, negotiations and all of that stuff is up to me. The contract has a couple of sections and articles with a couple of facts to know."

I looked at the contract more closely and saw there were more than a couple of sections, and with each section has a couple of articles under it. "But this is so thorough, are you sure it only took you a day to make this?"

"Well today is Saturday, and yesterday is Friday, and I met you on Friday. I don't like math, but I think that equals to one day," he said, with a grin. "Anyway, the contract is free to have any amendments though all four of us must agree to the said amendment."

"Amendment?"

"You know the Constitution of-?"

I rolled my eyes. "Who do you think I am? Of course I know the Constitution of the United States, it's the-"

"Then you gotta know the amendments, any add-ons or improvements to the Constitution. Well let's say I forgot something or we thought of something to add to the contract, we can make an amendment."