43

hyejin was completely lost the rest of the day. she found herself dissociating, looking out the window of the classroom, but still managed to answer if the teacher asked. a million thoughts ran through her head, and she kept thinking of what to do after school.

she still stayed at school. she couldn't miss more of school, it would make her farther behind than she already was, the past days really just had thrown her off. 

she wasn't that worried she would meet jungkook again. if he knew his place, if he listened to her, he would know better than to come here and cause drama in front of their schoolmates. 

her friends didn't talk to her, they gave her a glance once or twice in class, but they found the situation yesterday weird, and was in fact hurt due to hearing things from jungkook instead of hearing it from herself. even though they could notice something was not right, they didn't go to her due to her reaction from yesterday.

when the bell rang, hyejin hurried to pack her bags and run outside, but when she got to the gates she saw someone familiar stand outside. he was dressed as usual with a beanie over his head and a big hoodie.

she went up to him, her head bent slightly with a little bit uncomfortable expression on her face. "you shouldn't show up here," she almost whispered. she looked around and found people already looking at them.

he just smiled, and grabbed her wrist, pulling her to him. hyejin gasped, looking at him.

"yoongi,"

and just then jungkook appeared. but he didn't look at them. he just walked past them, before he took a glance at hyejin, before quickly looking down, meeting yoongi's glance. yoongi huffed, while he tried to keep calm and looked at hyejin, which looked at jungkook walking past them. he placed some fingers at her jaw to make her look at him.

he was about to say something before she beat him to it.

"please, someone can see us," she whispered, not meeting his eyes. she removed the fingers from her jaw and the hand from her wrist. yoongi poked his tongue to the inside of his chin, feeling a hint of annoyance.

"why are you here? i was supposed to walk to your apartment right now," she said and kept looking around, even though most of the students were out of the school area now.

"i wanted to ask you something," he said as he took her hand again and started walking. hyejin was a little bit resistant but just kept looking around before she looked at him.

"what?" she said. "did you come back yesterday?" he asked.

her eyes widened for a second before she looked away. "what?" she said, hoping she was good hiding the surprise in her voice.

yoongi expression became confused for a second before he looked at her. "i just swear i could hear the door shut when i got out of the shower," he said.

"oh, that's uhm- weird," she said, still not looking at him.

yoongi stopped, hyejin who was still holding his hand, stopped, as a normal side effect. she looked slowly towards yoongi.

"there's something you are not telling me," he looked at her with a serious look in his eyes.

hyejin's eyes widened. "no, no..i'm just tired, it's been a long day at school, i-" and it really had been a long day at school for her.

"let's go home," he interrupted her with a stern voice. he obviously didn't want to make a scene here out in the street, people were already looking at them. he started to walk again, taking a tight grip on her wrist again, instead of holding her hand.

the second they got into the apartment, yoongi let go of her hand and let out a loud noise of his mouth, a noise of annoyance, making hyejin not move at all, standing there not wanting to get out of her shoes.

yoongi turned around, rubbing his forehead, and looked down at her feet. "take of your shoes,"

hyejin eyes widened her eyes and started to take her shoes off. she must have used a long time, fiddling with the shoelaces, because yoongi let out a big sigh and started to help her. as soon as they were untied, she was pushed to the wall.

she didn't look at him, and if she did she could see how uneasy his eyes were. as his palms were on each side of her against the wall, he closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down; she was here with him. she was his, she was his, she was his, he repeated in his eyes.

"you- you know i really care for you?"

hyejin turned around and looked at him. she met his eyes straight away and got shy immediately like she always did. she looked away, trying to say something. "i-, i-"

"who was in my apartment yesterday? i know you know,"

hyejin seemed to get conflicted with telling the truth and yoongi again got uneasy. he had a vague suspicion on who it was, and seeing her reaction only made it stronger.

"it was him, wasn't it?»

a rush of concern got over her face, and it gave it away pretty strong. yoongi was already pretty roused up, and she weirdly felt she had to defend jungkook even though he didn't deserve it. 

"he saw us," she whispered airly. 

yoongi looked at her confused. she pushed him slightly to the side and started to wander more further into the apartment, and into the bedroom. she threw a glance at the drawer, and for a second she remembered the things jungkook had said, before she lightly shook it off but not too obvious, so yoongi could notice.

she then looked out the window, weirdly enough she hadn't looked out the window to look at the apartment building where she lived, but now she could see it. the apartment where she and her mom lived, was very visible from here, especially her room. 

while in realization she uttered the words, "wow, you can actually see everything from here," 

***

oof, i am sorry again.

you know i almost have lost track of time in this story, probably have to rewrite this after i finish cause something just seems weird rn. but yeah here's a part.

 i really feel like i can finish the fanfiction this year, will have a lot of time during the summer especially, so i hope i can finish it before it ages...uhm, 5 years (!!!what the actual fuck) i'm speechless....i was 17 and now i'm 22 wHAt. (by the way, this is me: 🤡 (dunno if this emoji works at the android, but anyways it is a clown)