39

jungkook rang the bell of hyejin's building. the whole thing that was happening seemed too suspicious. why wouldn't she tell her friends about the boy and why was she acting so strangely, leaving school or everything? she wasn't even responding to his texts or calls.  who was this boy? or man?

he suddenly heard a screech from the speaker close to the pressers of the bell. "hello?" he heard a more older woman say. he guessed it was her mother. "hey, i'm jeon jungkook. i go to the same high school as your daughter hyejin?" he started.

"hyejin hasn't come home from school yet," she said, seeming a little bit angry. oh. his head leaned a little bit to the left. she wasn't home? it seemed more suspicious, cause where would she be? she could of course be with that "boyfriend" of hers, but her mom seemed like completely not aware of the situation. maybe she didn't know either who this boy was or if hyejin was dating anyone?

"i know," jungkook suddenly said. he was lying of course, but he thought if he could just ask her mom some question, or maybe even get into hyejin's bedroom, he might find out more about things he was wondering. he had always been this nosy.

"me and hyejin was going to work at a group project...and she may be late...because she was going to search for some books to help us in the work, in the library. she told me i could wait at her home,"

there was a long pause at the line, like her mom wasn't believing what jungkook had told her. "oh, well okay, i guess it's alright," she asked. suddenly the door opened and jungkook walked in, he remembered how the names on the buttons of the ones living in the apartment was lined up, he guessed himself where the apartment was.

he finally found the door and knocked. a woman opened the door. she probably a little more older than his own mom, and she looked like an older version of hyejin, only with different eyes and a lot of wrinkles.

"you are jeon jungkook?" she asked. he nodded. she seemed to examine his uniform that he was wearing, to confirm that this was actually one of hyejin's school mates. jungkook shortly nodded. "and you're here for working a group project with my daughter?" he nodded again to her question.

she seemed to debate in her head before she let him in. "so what is is this group project about? hyejin hasn't told me about it," she suddenly asked.

jungkook was looking around the apartment. it was small with a small living room connected with the kitchen. he was trying to figure what to say in his thoughts.

"we got it today. it's about..," jungkook couldn't make up a project at the spot. "well, we haven't figured it out yet,"

hyejin's mother nodded, she seemed to trust him. "coffee?" she asked him. he bited his lip, and before he knew it, he was nodding.

he suddenly noticed framed pictures at the little wall beside the kitchen. there was pictures of what he assumed was hyejin's grandparents.

he suddenly saw a picture of hyejin's mother and a man. he remembered he hadn't seen her father's name anywhere at the door and she had never spoken about him.

"forgive me for asking, but i was wondering, where is hyejin's father?"

he looked at hyejin's mother who was looking at the coffee machine before she looked at jungkook. she seemed to collect her energy to answer him.

"it's okay.....he died a couple of years ago,"

"oh," jungkook said. "i'm sorry for your loss,» he couldn't manage to say anything more and it suddenly got quiet for a couple of minutes.

when the coffee was finished her mom gave him a cup and jungkook didn't know what to do, he didn't actually like coffee.

"maybe i should just wait in her room?"

hyejin's mom just nodded, she seemed a little bit shaken up still of jungkook's question. it was like no one had mention him for several years, for her. jungkook thought that she wanted to be alone, and that's why he was allowed into hyejin's room. he seemed like a innocent boy after all. 

hyejin's room had a light shade of pink on her walls. the walls were almost completely empty, the only exception was the wall over the desk standing in the room. it was covered in tests with full test score, calenders with marked tests and exams and a picture of her mom and dad and herself as a toddler. jungkook smiled of how cute she was

as jungkook examined her room more, her bed was all made up, and it smelled like her in here. all was tidy, and it seemed like no one lived her. it fitted her personality, jungkook thought, he again smiled. he found nothing that could tell him anything about her boyfriend.

he made his glance slide across the room and suddenly he was looking out the window, straight at the other building. hyejin's cousin was living there, he thought. thinking back at when she had told him that she was going to piano lessons teached by her cousin, maybe she was there right now? no, her mom would know.

he came to the thought he had never seen the cousin, there wasn't a person who looked like he could be a cousin at the wall of family pictures beside the kitchen. maybe he could get a look at him through those windows. nothing to do with hyejin, this room was a lost clue. 

he suddenly saw some lean against the window, sliver coloured short hair covered the back of the persons head. he leaned his head a little to the side, remembering that hyejin's boyfriend had silver coloured hair... suddenly his glance glided over to a shirtless back, two legs spun around it, and as the two persons moved a little, he could see that the legs belonged to hyejin and that she was aggressively making out with her "boyfriend" who was leaning to the window.

he fell on his ass at her bed. he was shocked, of seeing this with his bare eyes, hurting on the inside, but also the fact that hyejin had probably lied to jungkook this whole time about everything mostly. he had to find things out. he suddenly ran out hyejin's room, yelling "goodbye, something came up," to her mother and out of the apartment. he had to get inside the boyfriend's apartment. 

***

ooooohhh, jungkook u cray!

omg, this whole summer just went so fast, and i was like tired the most of the time.... :c i'm sorrry