02

hyejin looked behind her to check if someone still was coming after her. "are you okay?" the person asked, and laid a hand on her shoulder. she looked at the person again.

the person was a boy or a man, she wasn't sure how old she was. some grey-colored hair was sticking out of the black beanie on the top of the head, and was covering his forehead. the hair hung over his small eyes, so his eyebrows weren't visible. it made the boy a little intimidating for hyejin.

"oh, uh, yes uh, i mean...i don't know..." hyejin said and looked behind her again, before she looked at him again. "i gotta go," she said, she bowed quickly to him before she started walking past him.

she didn't hear footsteps anymore after she walked from the boy. she began thinking that: if she didn't meet him, she would still be followed.

after some minutes she reached the building where her apartment was and when she locked herself in the apartment. she breathed out of relief. "hyejin?" she heard her mom yell.

she didn't tell her mom about the recent incident, but she told yoojung and sora the next day at school in the middle of two classes.

"...and then I just walked away from him," her two friends looked terrified at hyejin who also looked terrified. "i'm never going out after school again, because my mom would kill me if she knew this,-"

"you haven't told your mom?" yoojung asked. hyejin shook her head. "no, like i said, she would kill me," she answered. "well, you had the chance to drive with us," sora mumbled. yoojung looked at sora and shook her head, before she turned to hyejin again.

"well, it was good that the boy was there," yoojung said and smiled. sora and hyejin nodded their heads in sync. "yeah, he gave me quite a shock, but no one followed me anymore, so i guess," hyejin said.

she had been thinking of the boy since last night. she had never seen him before, and it was weird because they were in the area of where she lived, so he had to be living in the apartments around. or he could simply just be a trespasser in the area, there was a possibility for that too.

she wanted to thank him. to leave him like that was rude of her, but because she was so scared in the moment, she didn't think of it. but she just had to accept that they probably didn't would meet again.

"kim hyejin!" she suddenly heard a voice yell. she came back from her thoughts and looked into terrified eyes of yoojung and sora who looked beside her. she looked up at mr. lee, her english teacher who stood right beside her.

"i don't know what world you are in right now, but now we have class, and if you could turn around and pay attention to me, it would give less pain to what i'm feeling to teach at this school," he said, almost yelling the words at hyejin.

hyejin quickly turned around and never lost her attention on the teacher again the rest of the class. 

the moment she walked through the door at home, later that day after school, her mom came to her with a letter in the hand.

"can you deliver this to the right owner?" she gave the letter to hyejin. "i think the mailman, must have delivered it wrongly, it should be delivered in the other block" she said and pointed towards it. "okay," hyejin, mumbled, and her mom left her in the hallway.

she looked at the letter her mom gave to her, and she read whom it was addressed to:

min yoongi

202-dong 1301-ho, 8, Sillim-ro 29-gil,

Gwanak-gu

Seoul 08845

(lol, this is just an example address from a wikipedia page)

she could also notice that the letter or, what seemed to actually be a bill was a bill from the instrument store down the street. hyejin was amused, because she liked music and she was always had wished for a instrument as long she had remembered.

she threw her backpack at the floor before she started to run down the stairs and out on the street. she looked at the letter before she looked at the building in front of her. the two buildings were so close to each other, like two alike parallel lines in the middle of seoul, just a small alleyway between them. 

she went in and looked at the address once again before she took the lift up to the floor where the apartment where the owner of the letter lived.

she looked again at the address when she arrived at the floor and suddenly she found herself in front of the door the letter was addressed to. she knocked on the door right away and when the door opened hyejin became so surprised of the person standing in front of her.

in front of her stood the same boy she walked into late yesterday, only now his beanie was gone and he was standing in front of her in only a black t-shirt and some skinny black jeans. and she now knew his name: min yoongi.

"oh, it's you," hyejin blurted out and stared at him with a open mouth. yoongi looked at her confused, before he remembered. "ah, you're the girl who ran into me yesterday, right?" yoongi asked, showing his gummy smile. he pointed at her, slightly shaking the hand.

she nodded and looked at her feet. "i'm kim hyejin," she mumbled. she felt a little bit shy and embarrassed that she didn't thank him yesterday, so she didn't want to meet his face. "i'm sorry about yesterday, i just felt somebody was following me, and-" she said before she got interrupted.

"you were being followed?" she heard yoongi ask. she looked up at him. he was now leaning against the doorframe and looking shocked at her. she nodded.

"i wanted to thank you for that you were..there, but i just walked away from you, i was so scared," she stopped talking when she understood that she was only babbling to him now.

he just stared amused at her and it made her remember why she was here. she handed him the letter with both of her hands while she almost bowed to him, still facing him with her face.

"we got this letter delivered to us, but i think the mailman got it wrong," she told him. he took the letter from her hands, touching her fingertips. he examined the letter.

"i'm sorry, if I'm being a little bit nosy now, but i came to notice that the letter was from the instrument store down the street," she started, and was going to ask him what he had bought there. yoongi looked at her, amused again.

"it's a piano," yoongi answered, like he knew what she would ask him. hyejin smiled like she never ever smiled before. she had always wanted a piano, it was her favorite instrument.

"do you want to have look at it?" he asked. she looked surprised at him. "what? oh, no, i-" she said, shaking her head, before she got interrupted. "i don't mind," he said and smiled once again.

hyejin bited her lips and thought about it. she really wanted to see it, but her intuition told her that she really shouldn't go into an stranger's apartment. but at the same time she was only going to be there some minutes and he seemed kind.

"okay," she said.