27

"do you want to hang after school today, hyejin?"

hyejin looked across at her friends in front of her. they all lay at the grass outside as the weather had become much warmer lately.

yoojung looked at hyejin with big eyes. it was she who had asked the question. sora also looked at her.

hyejin hadn't hanged out so much with her friends lately and she was aware of that, so why not?

"yeah, okay, i will ask my mom,"

when they arrived at the coffee place later, hyejin got to know that it wasn't just them who were supposed to hang together today.

at one of the tables jungkook was sitting with his friends, taehyung and jimin.

taehyung and jimin clearly looked at the girls that had just arrived, but hyejin and jungkook wouldn't look at each other at all.

sora and yoojung went to them, and all hyejin was left to do was to follow them.

"hello, boys, can we sit with you?"

make it more obvious, sora, come on.

the girls got seated across the table of the boys, yoojung in front of taehyung, sora in front of jimin and, of course hyejin in front of jungkook, against the wall, so they couldn't escape that easily.

but they weren't the first to escape. it suddenly became an awkward silence between the teens, sitting around the table and it seemed like everyone was thinking hard to find out something to have an conversation about. even though all hyejin wanted to do was to run away.

"yo, i have to get some air," jimin suddenly muttered out and got up on his feet. everyone looked at him, including jungkook and hyejin.

all of a sudden everyone muttered: "me too" in response, one after one. and they left before hyejin and jungkook got time to react.

the awkward silence was filled again, and they wouldn't even look at each other, before a voice filled the silence.

"they think they're funny, huh?"

hyejin looked at the table, where jungkook smiled to her. it made her heart flutter a little bit, so she returned the smile, even laughed a little bit.

"yeah, they couldn't make it more obvious," hyejin said and released a little  the arms in cross she had at her stomach.

jungkook nodded and chuckled. this was before his smile faded.

"what happened to us?"

hyejin stopped smiling, bited her lip and looked away.

"i mean like where did you go that tuesday?" he asked.

i went to yoongi's. "i thought you liked me," she said, and looked at jungkook.

it seemed like he was confused, that she didn't answer his question but yelled out this.

"what? of course i do," he blurted out. he seemed to be a little bit frustrated over understanding nothing. he waved his hands in front of him.

"it didn't seem like it," hyejin mumbled.

"what? what are you talking about??" jungkook almost yelled out.

"the girl, woman, whatever, you talked with that day. the one so pretty that you smiled while talking with her,"

jungkook looked at her. more confused than ever before he remembered her. the woman at the coffee place that flirted with him.

"oh her? she was nothing...i only waited for you,"

hyejin looked at jungkook. she wouldn't believe him at all.

"cool," she paused, and got up, "but i have better places to be,"

she headed for the exit without saying goodbye. her friends who were just outside ran after her.

***
where do you think she is headed? ^^)

bros, sorry for letting
you waiting :c i have easter 🐣 holidays now so a week vacation for me, even though i have to study for two tests.