41

a phone call comes in from mahoro during my break at work and i answer.

"hey-"

"y/n! did kastuma tell you?! the villains want him!"

"what?!" i get up to my feet. "where are you?!"

"we're fine but midoriya said nine wants kastuma for his quirk!" she says. "the attack the other day was to try to get him but they stopped his whole crew."

who is nine?! why didn't i know about all of this?! it's because i can't even see them without class 1-a being there!

"okay thank you so much for telling me, mahoro," i say. "please stay indoors as much as you can."

"yeah i overheard bakugou talking about a head-on attack on them and an evacuation plan" she adds on. what?!

"uh... okay well my break is almost up so i need to go," i say. "i'll try to go see you guys soon and be safe."

"you too!" mahoro hangs up. my arms cross and i lay my head on the table. i'm missing all of this important information... i should be on the front lines protecting the kids, the island!

-

i went into the forest again. i've been going there daily to train with what i can but it's hard without an opponent. it's not like i want to go head to head with nine but i want to be useful. i'm not even sure how i'm planning to help if there's going to be an evacuation but i'll try my best.

my wallet really hurts from the packets of water bottles i've bought but i need to get myself back on top. dad probably knows what's going on but hasn't told me anything.

i walk back into my house and kick off my shoes.

"have you gotten better?" dad asks. he sets my plate down on the table and starts to serve his plate.

"a lot better actually!" i laugh. "i'm honestly surprised i progressed a lot but i still need to do more training."

"that's good to hear, bug," he says. "why don't you go change and i'll wait for you."

"do i smell that bad?" i joke. dad makes a gagging noise and i playfully punch his arm.

we ate dinner with the tv on and the news of my classmates doing a good job on the island came up. iida made a small thank-you speech and they all waved in the back.

"it's okay, y/n," i look up to see dad still looking at the screen. "i know this still wasn't an easy transition but i want you to know that i'm also hoping for you to return one day."

"really?"

"yes, i'm just really concerned for your safety" he says, digging at his food.

"i do still think about it and them," i say. "i really miss my friends and i know it's for my safety but... i keep thinking about going back."

"we'll see how things go and we'll try to figure something out," he says. "i know your dream of helping people will never go away until you achieve it."

i smile a little and continue to eat. i want to tell him about seeing them a while ago but i know i'll get in trouble.

"if i do ever go back, what will happen here?"

"... i'll have to stay here," dad sighs. "the process of going back when all the bonds here are stable is not good."

i nod. i don't really like the idea of not even being on the same land as my dad but at least there isn't a monster every five minutes like in the city.

ah, the villain here. i don't think it's gonna be dealt with quietly or quickly. i should tell my dad about the villain.

"dad-"

"f/n! y/n!" hard knocks come at our door. we abruptly get up to open our door and it's a neighbor. "there is an evacuation currently going on and everyone is getting escorted out! it's getting dangerous!"

"oh my god" dad says.

"just get any thing you need and let's hurry" she says. dad looks at me and we run to get our phones, ids and other things. we put our items inside our own book bags and follow the neighbor into a group of people walking to higher ground. it seems like a factory building. i see kirishima and kaminari guiding the group safely and i face away from them with my hoodie, making sure my face is hidden.

"alright, once everyone is inside we'll regroup inside the factory too."