50

the girls voice their concerns on possible risks but for some reason, i had a feeling deep down he wasn't a threat anymore.

"actually... i saw him just before i got here" i admit. the habit of not saying anything needs to stop. they all scramble in panic and ask what happened.

"did he do anything to you?!"

"are you okay?!"

"what did he say?!"

i calm them down and assure them that all we did was talk. the story of seeing tsui and the fight with that villain is told and i say how i closed up on shoto.

"he said he heard me say his name but... i just told him i felt sorry for him and that i hope he gets the help he needs" my shoulders shrug. uraraka looks down at the bed in thought and momo rubs my shoulder.

"you've been really patient with him," ashido says, balancing a pencil on her nose. "i wouldn't doubt that those words really got to him."

"well i'm not particularly forgiving him of anything, he's done too much to be forgiven at all," i say. "i just don't want to deal with him anymore."

"yeah but you're still a pretty important person to him and for some reason he decided to walk away instead of doing something? that is definitely something to take note of" momo says. i acknowledge that and agree.

"i just wonder what happens now and what will happen if i'm allowed back" my thoughts keep going back to the possibility of everything just being normal. ashido rolls herself closer to me and looks at me.

"i'm really glad you told us this, y/n," ashido says. "i know it must've been scary to feel alone in this."

"yeah when your old dorm room had burn marks, i thought you were going to say something about it but i see why it was hard to bring it up at all" tsui says.

"i'm sorry, i really wanted to tell you guys right in that moment but i was so scared of what might happen that i couldn't" i sigh, apologetically.

"don't be sorry for anything," momo's tone becomes stern. "you did what you could in a dangerous situation and we're all just glad you're okay."

uraraka squeezes my hand and my chest feels overwhelmed with joy and support. we politely switch the topic to something else before ashido gets a text.

"ah! lida finally noticed we weren't in bed so we have to go before he sets out a manhunt for us" she sighs. uraraka and the girls groan as the fun has been halted.

"well... i want more nights like this back at the dorm," i say. "i'll do anything to see you guys and the rest again."

"we'll do what we can as well!" momo says, balling her fist in ambition. i walk them to the front door and give all of them a big squeeze.

"i'm coming back, wait for me" my voice softens. they all nod their heads eagerly and i watch them leave. my dad and me clean up the area and we say goodnight before retreating to our rooms.

i go on my phone before sleeping and i'm mostly just scrolling through news articles regarding my tree. my ears perk up at a sound outside my window and i freeze to hear it again.

is that the sound of rocks?

my feet swing over my bed and land on the floor. i approach the window and see a figure under my window.

"what the hell?" my hands lift up the window and i poke my head out. "what are you doing here?"

"i distracted lida and snuck out here" the blond boy says. i tell him to hold on while i start to extend a couple vines to my bed and i start to climb down. once my feet meet the earth, i let go of the vines and turn to face him.

"is that why the girls had to leave?" he shrugs his shoulders and i hold in my laugh. "you really are something."

"i know you're thinking of coming back and... i just thought you would want a talk," i blinked and a smile formed on my face.

"you mean you wanted to talk, right?" he scoffs lightly and rubs the back of his neck.

".. sorry yeah i did, i didn't like how i left things with you and i hear the girls talk about how much you want to come back and i couldn't just ignore that" he says, his eyes wandering more around the floor. a feeling brews in the cavity of my chest.

"yeah, i didn't like it either" i admit. bakugou takes a step forward and makes eye contact.

"y/n i respect your progress and your quirk and i also want you back at UA," he extends a hand out. "i want my friend back."