35

our car came and dad drove us out of the airport. it was a really long drive so i lean my head on the window that was slightly down. the wind rushes in as my dad speeds down the road. it gradually empties as we take multiple turns and we enter a neighborhood.

these houses are so nice.

where is our house?

we reach the end of the neighborhood and there's one house at the end with grass too tall and a gate too small.

"there she is," dad stops the car. "it's been updated but the only problems are the grass, gate, and the back stairs, i've told them i'll fix it since i know it was going to add up."

"do you know how to fix stairs?" i ask. i look at him shrugging sheepishly.

"there's always a first time for everything!"

-

it was a two story house with two bed rooms and luckily two bathrooms. i got the room with the most windows since i like the sun and honestly need it. it  had three windows while my dad's had two.

we unpacked our stuff and since we don't have much, it went by very quick. he called the transport service and they said our furniture would be there by night or even tomorrow so there wasn't much to do.

i walk to the empty living room and to the window to peer out. it's a whole different world. i'm used to the cities and big buildings but here everything is more visible and not to mention, the small forest of trees next to us for being at the end of the block.

it's going to take a lot of adjustments. i wonder how my friends are doing right now.

"y/n, let's go introduce ourselves to the neighbors."

- at UA -

"good morning, as you have noticed, l/n y/n is not here today," the hero teacher starts. "due to... safety concerns and issues, y/n has moved to the united states."

gasps roared through out the room and questions rise like weeds.

"why?!"

"the united states?!"

"is she okay?!"

the brown haired girl whips her flip phone out and dials her friend. straight to voicemail. her eyes fly to bakugou who only stares at his desk and then it guides to the green haired boy who is looking shocked.

midoriya's eyes start to water and he holds back his mumbling. what could he have done different? could he have possibly protected y/n more despite not having full control of his powers? what exactly lead to her leaving the country?!

asui glances at the white and red haired boy who had put his head down and then at momo. they both nod. their thoughts were correct. while the teacher did not give specific details of y/n's issue, it was enough to make their assumptions correct.

"let's settle down, i know it's very shocking news and she will be missed and if you need time we'll give it to you but for today we must continue on with class" mr. aizawa says, redirecting his students' attention. the man starts the lesson for the day but the students aren't 100% focused.

the blond boy props his feet up on his desk despite iida's requests to "sit like a proper man" and pay attention. it angered him that y/n was gone mostly because he wasn't told. it just happened and it happened so quick. he knew y/n wasn't actually in the states, they would've never said her actual place.

but who was he supposed to ask? his pride was too big to even ask the teachers. the boy holds out his phone low and sees his messages.

me
what happened? what did endeavor tell you?
-
are you coming to school tomorrow?
the little fucker got suspended and everyone is asking questions.
-
shitty deku saw the half walking out with endeavor
answer the fucking messages!
-
why are the teachers cleaning out your dorm so late?

his eyebrows furrow. he has already tried a phone call but it also went straight to voicemail. late in the night, he was in the kitchen. he had gotten a glass of water and was continuing to drink it when he heard whispers. bakugou went to silently check it out and saw the teachers moving out furniture and boxes. he only realized it was y/n's because of her colorful boxes that she had used.

he shoots a glance at todoroki who still has his head down. 'what the fuck is that half fucker thinking?' he thought, 'where the fuck is y/n?"