34

i was sent home with my dad and we've been going back and forth in the kitchen for a while.

"we can't just leave! are you crazy?!"

"they set up everything for us!"

"it is a very different system and a different lifestyle! a different language!" dad yells. "we have a life here!"

"our lives won't be the same-"

"yes they will! the law will-" i grab at my head in utter frustration.

"dad seriously?! the law isn't fucking perfect!" we've never had a bad argument like this. "we'll be safe over there!"

"america isn't perfect either! we've seen the news about them!"

"well that's the place he offered" he's right but endeavor said america. dad comes close.

"this is our home," his hands grab mine. "this is your mom's home."

my hands tremble and tears roll down my cheeks.

"you got into your dream school, y/n," he says. "i can't just see you leave the top school to be a hero because of this."

"dad this is our safety, my friends' safety and even the staff's safety" this isn't in my control anymore. i don't think i was ever in control.

"how about we talk to them about going to the country side? or on an island? just to at least stay in japan" he suggests.

"i think i can talk to him about it" i nod. i do want to stay in my home country. i get my phone and dial aizawa's office number.

"hello?"

"hi um mr. aizawa we want to negotiate the location and maybe stay in japan," i start. "just not here... maybe the country side or an island?"

"i can talk to endeavor-"

"um! well..." endeavor said to only give aizawa an answer and todoroki is home so he can hear. i look at the map on the calendar.

"do you have a place in mind?" he asks.

"nabu island."

-

i told aizawa to tell endeavor face to face and i'm guessing he did because aizawa called me outside my apartment and said that almost everything was set up to transport the car. my dad found a home that was affordable which sped everything up.

"once you're okay over there, we'll announce it to the class that you've transferred and your location won't be said" he says.

"actually... can you say i moved to the states?" he raises his eyebrow in confusion but he shrugs.

"sure, y/n," he says. the last thing i want to do is lie but i don't want any of them to be in danger because they know my location. "you will be in the top classes in that local school."

"okay" a lump in my throat forms.

"you were an excellent student and i'm so sorry for not being able to see my own pupil in danger and distress," his hand lands on the top of my head and i break into tears. he shouldn't be apologizing. "we'll welcome you with open arms if you ever come back to be a hero."

he pets my head before we say our final goodbyes. dad comes down with your suit cases and shakes aizawa's hand and talks for a while.

"put these in the car, i'll be right there" he says. i grab mine first and put it in the trunk. i was finally able to get my phone back after they got the data off of it but i had turned it off. i know i was getting messages and calls from my friends but i couldn't go through that right now.

should i block their numbers? no!

they're my friends. i can't do that to them but i also can't be in contact so much now. one slip and he'll find me and who knows what he'll do.

i put in the two other suitcases and slam the trunk. i go into the passenger seat and my dad says his goodbyes before getting into the driver's seat.

"alright bug, let's go."

-

we got off the airport and i felt beaten by sleep.

"well eraser head said our house is almost at the edge of the village which means walking to get groceries is going to be a pain in the ass," he sighs. "we'll get bikes so it's easier."

"at least we're by the beaches," i say. "and it's not a big place."

"let's just wait until the car is transported and then we can go," dad checks his phone. "it should be here in twenty minutes, wow! what great service!"