17

bakugou stomps his way to us and i smile at the angry teen.

"bakugou! i got it" i practically laugh. he makes a face and after he insults deku, i explain to him everything and where the teachers are.

"you'll have to wait tomorrow," urarak says, cheering. "just one more night!"

just one more night.

-

just one more night. after hanging out at momo's and making plans, i lock my door and slide the drawer in front of the door and wedge my window. i don't think i'll be sleeping tonight. i have to protect this device no matter what. i put it into an empty box and place my hands on it. vines of thorns come out and hug the box all around until it's covered with it.

my mouth becomes dry and my head feels pretty light. ah i need water. i go to my table and try to get a water bottle out but there's none. i ran out already? i'd have to go outside but i don't want to. although, i don't want to be dehydrated.

me
are you awake?

i sit on my bed and wait for an answer. a few minutes pass by and i text another.

me
are you awake?

a few seconds and there's a response.

bakugou
we're supposed to be asleep fuckhead

me
i ran out of water bottles and i'm thirsty
:((( meet me down stairs to get water pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

bakugou
you better be on your way already you fucking piece of shit

me
???? fuck off

i get some slippers on and push the drawer out of the way and getting out. i use my quirk to push it back into place through the crack of the door and i start going.

i enter the dark common room and see the blonde boy on the couch facing away from me. i tip toe behind him and grab him by his shoulder suddenly to scare him. bakugou instantly grabs me and flips me on the table, making a huge noise.

"you fucking dumbass! we're gonna get in trouble" bakugou exclaims. he didn't hurt me but my back hit the table a bit hard.

"jeez, paranoid much?" i sigh, getting off the table. "let's go get water."

we walk to the kitchen and i turn the lights on.

"don't you have water bottles in your room?"

"yeah but i ran out," i say, pouring myself a cup of water. "and i'm a bit dehydrated now."

"stupid ass," he comments. i roll my eyes and drink- we'll chug the water. "now that you have your recording, you'll be alright now."

"yeah i can't wait to show mr. aizawa, i think it's enough evidence" i sigh. bakugou leans on the counter and looks at the ground.

"hopefully," he says. "it's legal."

"what do you mean? it is legal," i say, propping myself up to sit on the counter. "if it's for serious stuff then yeah it's fine."

"so you're going to take this to legal matters and even court?" asks bakugou. i stay silent for a bit and take a gulp of my water.

"i mean... yeah," i say. "if i don't, he won't stop."

why am i hesitating? because me and shoto used to be best friends? but he's not the same shoto i once knew... if he ever was actually him.

"your weird face doesn't match up with your words" comments bakugou. i stick my middle finger up and sigh.

"it's protocol anyway," i say. "once i show mr. aizawa, he has to report it."

bakugou doesn't say anything but his expression is, as usual, frustrated. i get off the counter to refill my glass of water and even add a few ice cubes. the silence almost makes my ears ring. i join bakugou in leaning against the counter and my eyes glance at his lips.

it brings me back to the memories of the camp and i look away while drinking water. i'm glad me and him were able to move past it and i'm genuinely surprised that, in a way, it made us closer than i ever thought and he's actually a really nice friend.

"are you done with your water yet?!" he suddenly bursts out. "you're the slowest drink ever! hurry up or i'll stick that glass down your throat, fuckhead!"

i give him a 'what-the-actual-fuck-is-your-problem' face. well... sometimes he's a nice friend.