39

it went normal for a while and i haven't gone back to see bakugou. it just felt like i was on a deadline. time is running out and a bad feeling started to rise in my stomach.

a gut feeling.

there was a fight on the beach that some locals were very shook about. apparently nothing like that has happened and many gifts were given to my classmates. i was able to put in some beautiful multi-colored flowers to get delivered for them.

mainly, it was for my girls. i'm missing them so much, i find myself looking at pictures of us at the mall so often it might as well be my wallpaper.

maybe... i can see them. it's almost dark enough outside and dad is working late today. the first time went well, this time will go better.

-

i walked the same path i did before and waited outside the building they were staying at. the lights were on inside and i could see kirishima and ashido playing cards. well i can't get to ashido.

i go to the balcony in hopes some girls are out there and i see uraraka and deku out there. whoa... did she finally make a move? judging from their serious expressions i guess not.

well this is perfect. i don't know if i want deku to know i'm here but if they both go inside i'll get their attention. i grab some small pebbles and watch them talk for a while until their body language shows that the conversation is done. damn it, both of them are going.

i aim and throw.

"ow! did you feel that?" uraraka yelps.

"hm? what?" well deku didn't feel it because it's stuck in his hair.

"deku, there's rocks in your hair!" her head turns to my direction and walks to the railing. "hello?"

"hi" i almost whisper. my eyes tearing at the sight of my close friend. her expression turns into shock and gasps.

"uraraka?! what's wr-" his words are just cut off when his eyes land on me. i give them a shy smile and wave before putting a finger to my lips.

i see my friend turn her head to the building before touching deku and herself and activating her quirk. they float down to me and drop.

a second later, i'm embraced by my friends so tight i can feel the beat of their hearts beating fast.

"it's... really you" uraraka whimpers.

"y/n... i'm so sorry!" deku says.

"i missed you guys so much!"

we walked deeper into a secluded spot and i told them everything that had happened and even with katsuma and mahoro.

their expressions changed several times but their eyes never left mine. i apologized multiple times for never contacting them when they tried, never explaining, and just leaving.

"how... how was everyone when i left?" i know the answer was going to be awful but the question ate at me so much i just had to know.

uraraka and deku exchanged looks and towards me.

"well aizawa gave us a day to just digest the news," she starts. "we were really shocked and many of us did need the time, we thought the worst."

"kacchan didn't show up the next day and... " deku visible swallows with a concerned expression which puts me in suspense. "a fire started in the main kitchen."

my eyes widen a bit at that.

"don't worry! it wasn't a huge fire! the teachers got it under control quickly" uraraka chimes in.

"but... aizawa went straight up to the dorms and counted us all," deku says. "todoroki took a while to answer his door and said he was showering."

"and how is he now?" i ask.

"back to normal i guess," deku answers with a shrug. "he is a bit hard to read."

i nod. i tell them that they should head back before anyone notices they've been gone too long. we give each other a long hug and say goodbye and i tell them i'll try to see them another time.

i run back home and see that the lights are on. shit, my dad is home. i go to the side of the house and stretch my arms out. stems of flowers stretch out from my palms and hook onto the window sill and i hoist myself out.

the stems aren't so reliable as i haven't been drinking so much water as i have when i was in UA. i climb quickly inside and get rid of the stems before closing my window and kicking off my shoes. i step outside my room and see dad eating some leftovers.

"hey bug, were you sleeping?" he asks.

"welcome home, yeah sorry i was so tired" i say. i grab an apple and go back to my room.

uraraka mentioned they tried to contact me but i haven't even turned on my phone. i go to my desk and open the bottom one, my arm digging through the mess to get my old phone.