38

"damn it, maybe this is a sign that i shouldn't have come" i mutter. i look at my phone and start to get up. the sound of a door opening closing fills the night and my eyes peer to see bakugou coming out.

"i'm going for a walk, i'll be back" he tells kirishima.

"alright, be careful."

"you better be back quick! i don't want to get in trouble by the teachers!" iida yells. my body fills up with happiness but i hide myself more. the gate opens and his head turns to each side to probably look for who threw the dirt. he steps out more.

"damn kids" he mutters. i shouldn't talk to him so close to the house.

"dumbass" i whisper to him. his body jerks in my direction.

"who's there?" he calls out. i put up my hoodie and start running in the other direction and, as expected, he follows while yelling curses. we keep running until i know we're far enough and i turn to him.

the blond doesn't stop and tackles me down. bakugou pins down my hands and i yell in pain.

"who the hell are-!" he stops. we both pant while the night sounds surrounds us. "... y/n?"

"h-hi" my smile keeps growing. is he tearing up? i think it's just me. his hands let go of my hands and just sits on my stomach.

"what are you... " his shocked expression turns into a scowl. suddenly, he punches the ground right next to my head. his steaming fist doesn't leave the ground. i look at him surprised before wrapping my arms around my friend.

"i'm sorry," i say. "i'm so sorry i couldn't tell you."

he doesn't say anything and we just stay frozen like that for a few minutes.

"i'm not supposed to be here but i just missed you guys so much so i had to see any of you."

i hug him tighter and sigh.

"and... you can't tell anyone i'm here," i say. "mineta already saw me and-"

"i know, idiot" he finally speaks. the tears roll down the side of my face.

oh god i really missed them.

-

the next day, i went to work as usual. me and bakugou didn't talk much that night, i did most of the talking and he just walked me halfway home before returning. i was already done watering the plants and i just had to repot a few plants to bigger spaces. my phone starts to ring and i pick it up.

"y/n! i can't find katsuma! i don't know what to do!" mahoro cries.

"oh no, i'm still at work but i'll help you when i'm out," i say. "you should call people to help look too."

"alright" she sniffs. i frown at the hang up tone. i'll be out soon so hopefully katsuma is alright. he's probably just by a park again.

-

once i got off, i told dad about the situation with katsuma but mahoro wasn't answering the phone. that got me worried but i'm sure she is just busy and is with people from the neighborhood to help.

i looked around a little and eventually came to a playground with a nice view.

"i don't really like heroes!" i hear. it's mahoro. i'm about to go look until i hear another voice.

"oh that's okay" it's... deku. i need to leave!

"katsuma!" uraraka?! as much as i want to see them, i can't. i hide in the playground and out comes katsuma.

"y/-"

"sh! you don't see me okay? i need to hide" i whisper.

"why?"

"playing hide and seek with heroes is hard so cover for me?" his eyes lights up and he steps off the playground and runs to mahoro. i hear the discussion of finally finding her brother but scolding him for leaving her sight.

"can i join hide and seek?!" katsuma asks which makes my heart jump.

"um... sure! we can go play somewhere safer" uraraka says. their voice slowly fade and i relax, my body sliding down the hot plastic slide.

that was close.

although, all this interaction is giving me very mixed feelings. i can't believe i'm thinking of going back to school.