42

we're all seated and all my classmates are scattered to make sure they're okay and everyone has what they need.

"w-why are we here?" a scared child asks.

"some bad guys showed up but don't worry we're here to protect you" ashido says. i hug my knees and lower my head. i peek momo walking around with water bottles and shoji with blankets. i don't see bakugou nor deku.

"miss, are you okay?" i feel a hand on my shoulder and i slowly turn to see it's sero.

"y-yes..." i lower my voice a bit. "just a little tired, where is the bathroom?"

"it's down that hallway to your left" he says before walking away to help another person. i get up and i spot my dad comforting an elderly woman and her dog.

i take the directions given to me but there's a doorway that i see momo run in as a green glow grows. i slowly creep up onto it and peek in. there on the floor are deku and bakugou covered in bandages.

what happened to them?!

i see mahoro and katsuma with them and the other classmates surrounding them. katsuma has his hands on them and the glow is illuminating from them. is this katsuma's work? like recovery girl?

the other doctors nearby thank katsuma's extreme help. katsuma continues and he starts to visibly weaken, almost passing out.

"katsuma!" i jump away and run to the bathroom. i shut myself into a stall and start to hyperventilate.

my friends are extremely hurt! i wasn't there! i was too busy fucking eating while my friends were fighting for everyone else! i'm in this bathroom instead of being in that room!

flashes of deku and bakugou all injured pop up over and over. both my hands cover my mouth as i cry.

the sound of the door opening makes me jump. my hands wipe at my cheeks and i clear my throat. my nose sniffs and i try to get my breathing under control quietly.

"are you okay?" i look up to help the tears pooling.

"uh yeah," i take out some toilet paper and blow my nose. "j-just allergies."

"are you sure? i don't mean to pry" the girl's feet comes closer and i figure out the voice to be momo. shit! i hear the sink running.

"no yeah thank you for worrying" my heart beats fast.

"okay well i'm creati so if you need any assistance please ask for me" she says and with that she leaves the bathroom. i take a big inhale and slowly let it out. i give myself more time to pull myself together before putting my hoodie up and walking out of the bathroom.

i walk out and see my friends in a different room. my feet carry me near it to hear.

"if katsuma is the main target, then we need to come up with a plan to get him off this island."

"i don't think that's a good idea," his voice. "if he's not here, there's a possibility of nine killing everyone on this island."

a hand lands on my shoulder and i almost shriek. it's deku, he gives me a small smile before walking into the room. behind him is bakugou.

"no you won't be turning yourself in katsuma, your quirk is amazing and you shouldn't have to give it up like that" deku says. bakugou places a hand on my shoulder and walks into the room.

"our only option is to crush the villains."

i hear my friends cheer and heavily express their determination to beat him. this is something i should get in on. i shouldn't be sulking in the bathroom or just eavesdropping outside the doorway. i ball my fists and turn to enter the room but bakugou is there and pushes me out with his chest.

"what...?" he grabs my arm and leads me to another big room in the factory, far from the others.

"what the hell were you just planning to do?"

"i know about nine wanting katsuma and i want- i need to help" i say.

"you can't be a part of this, you haven't trained-"

"yes i have! i've been training! every nig-"

"y/n," there's a warning tone. "many of them were hurt after you left and if you come back so suddenly, it'll disrupt their concentration to protect that kid and everyone else on here."

"i can't just sit here and do nothing" i argue. "you and deku were just on your last legs and i was just doing nothing!"

"staying with these people is help enough, just let us do our shit" he says. he walks away and i huff.

i can't.