26

uraraka hasn't come back yet. we've already finished our stuff and her frozen yogurt has melted into a colorful liquid with spongy toppings.

"i'm gonna look for her," i say. "you guys coming?"

"asui you go, i'm going to find the others and ask if they've seen her," hagakure says. "text me when you find her."

asui nods and we watch as the floating clothes walk away and we start for the girls bathroom.

"i hope she's okay" i say.

"maybe she found momo or someone and was talking to them" asui says. i agree as my eyes scanning the people walking in our direction.

"i don't see her," i say. we keep walking to the second floor until we arrive to the bathroom and quickly enter. "uraraka?"

the girls go on about their business and no one answers. she's not here. where is she?

"uraraka?" asui calls out. again, nothing. we walk out and look among the crowd. "uraraka!"

me
hey where are you?
-
you okay?

hopefully she answers quick. we keep walking around and i walk to the railing and scan the view of the many people walking. i'm getting scared.

"oh she's right there!" asui points out. i follow her gaze to the third floor. she is talking to someone! she's talking to...

"todoroki?" my eyes widen at the two talking. he's here?!

"let's go up there," asui says. i hesitate and keep my gaze on them. "y/n?"

"sorry, y-yeah let's go" i say. asui gives me a quick glance before leading us to the stairs. my heart starts to race. why is he here? why is he talking to uraraka? how did he know we were gonna be here?

i fall behind but keep close to asui so i don't lose her in the crowd. we start to approach them and my stomach twists and tangles in agitation. i don't want to go there.

if anything, he's already been watching me since we got here.

"yo uraraka!" asui calls out. "we got worried!"

"oh sorry i ran into todoroki and we started talking" she laughs. todoroki calmly says hello and asui says hello back. i mutter a hello and keep my eyes on uraraka.

"what are you doing here?" asui asks.

"i'm here to buy a gift for my mom," he says. "i'm visiting her soon with my siblings and we're all going."

"oh, are you here with them?" asui asks. i sneak in a few glances to just see him looking at asui and i look at uraraka who's also looking at him.

"no, they're busy today so they stuck me with the chores," he lightly chuckles. "maybe since i'm the youngest."

"oh good luck with that," asui says. "y/n, are you gonna hang out with him? i know the two of you are like best friends."

"oh, we were," i correct her. try and keep calm! "and no, he's busy and ashido would shame me if i did something like that on our girls' day out."

asui agrees and both girls say goodbye to todoroki. i don't say anything and we start to walk away.

"we should meet up with the girls and eat something," uraraka says. "i'm hungry!"

"me too," asui sighs. "i'm gonna call hagakure and the others, hold up."

asui walks a bit ahead while getting her phone out. uraraka suddenly comes close and holds onto my arm.

"u-uraraka?!"

"i need to tell you something... but let's wait until we're with the girls" she whispers. i slowly nod as my heart quickens. we walk down the stairs and asui says the girls are meeting at the fountain. we see hagakure with momo chatting.

"yo!" uraraka waves.

"let's take pictures!" hagakure suggests. "before our school break is over."

we all agree and she starts posing us in front of the fountain. ashido and jiro quickly join to be posed and hagakure counts to three before snapping about twenty photos. she snaps photos of each of us and then in pairs and finally a selfie but we couldn't fit.

"should we ask someone to take it for us?"

"what about midnight?"

"she's still out... let's just ask someone around that looks trustworthy" jiro says. we all look and i see the guy from the frozen yogurt shop.

"oh hey!"