51

a bundle of feelings swarm in me and i can't help but smile.

"i miss my friend too" bakugou does a firm nod and his shoulders noticeably relax more, i didn't realize how tense they were before.

"i don't know how you plan to come back into UA and i don't know how you plan on being in the same class as him but i'll respect your choices" his tone stays firm but there is no aggression in it, leaving no room for doubt in my mind that he has reflected on himself as much i have.

after that night, i spent more time outside less afraid of being seen by anyone. i took some time after my shift to visit the local stationery shop for some items and marched my way home. UA is too far to storm into the principal's office so i have another way of sending it.

-

i stare at my hand-written letter. i handmade the envelop and used some cute washi tape to seal it. it was my decision to make this letter look as personal as possible to show it truly came from me. my dad knocks on my door before opening it.

"hey bug, i'm going to take a nap now so if you need anything... let me know" he says, his eyes holding a different sentence. i nod my head and tell him to sleep well. my classmates are leaving the island and are packing up as we speak. i grab my bag and put the envelop inside.

my vines help me down my window and i make my way through the forest and to my regular location next to their stay. i don't see anyone outside and decide to just wait to see who will come out first. i see my
classmates passing by some windows but the first to come out is lida.

"mineta! i'm not going to tell you again! you better be packed up in 15 minutes or you are leaving everything behind!" lida yells, shutting the door after. his hands hold some bags that swish and clash against each other as he angrily walks back and forth muttering.

"lida!" i whisper-yell. his head turns to me at an ungodly speed, almost terrifying. the bags are dropped and his stance changes to engage. "lida, it's me!"

"y/n!" he relaxes after realizing it's me and runs to me. "what are you doing here?! you aren't allowed here- or actually i'm not allowed to be near you!"

lida turns to head back but i grab the rule follower and swing him back to me. his eyes still go back to the house.

"wait! i have something that needs to be delivered to the principal!" lida looks at me a little confused. "you know that's my tree, you know i wasn't going to standby and just let you guys do all the work."

"you weren't supposed to be there, y/n," lida says, "you could've been seriously hurt and we all were very worried for you.. but i know you're just going to wait for someone else to come out."

i sheepishly tilt my head to one side, agreeing. i hand over my letter and he puts it inside his shirt pocket.

"i'll deliver it first thing when we arrive back to UA" he says.

"thank you so much!" i give my friend a big hug before saying my goodbye to him and to say goodbye to the rest of my classmates. my chest instantly feels lighter and i decide to take a trip to my tree.

-

my hand picks out a piece of fruit from my basket and pops it into my mouth as i watch the cruise appear on the horizon, coming for my classmates. my back leaning up against my creation, the site was empty as all the village people were rushing to put together gifts for the heroes before they departed.

the tree felt warm to me, giving me a bit of heat during the chill breeze of summer. i felt so connected to my tree, the same way many people feel better after reconnecting with nature, i reflected over my privilege of doing it firsthand and even using it for good. i have to be able to go back and use it against any evil that has definitely been looming over our heroes.

one day, all might won't be able to keep being the number one hero or his entire generation of heroes. the day that it's our turn, i want to be in the top ten to always be ready to help anyone and everyone. i hope my letter reaches principal nezu. i've had so many talks with practically everyone and i'm still determined to go back. everyone, including me, is hesitating on me coming back and i still don't really have a full idea on how to handle shoto.

i don't think it's my responsibility to even handle him now, or at least, i'll make sure it isn't on me. why do i keep thinking about his thoughts right now?

did i finally get through to him? if they accept me back, will he finally leave me alone?