37

the orchids shine so nice in the sun. i love growing out fun flowers with my quirk and whenever i mess up, like accidentally snipping a flower, i just grow it back. kazehaya only caught me once so it's fine.

i assemble some orchids and lillies when my eyes fly to the window just for a second. purple balls?

my heart freezes and i duck down to the floor. my mind went straight to mineta. maybe it was just some toys?

i peer over and see two piercing eyes looking right at me. i gasp and so does mineta.

"y/n?!" my arms go for the window to open it.

"shut up!" i whisper. "you're not even supposed to be over here!"

his words stumble over.

"i-i thought you were ...! i followed some babes over here and thought you were one of them who were hiding!" he explains.

"geez mineta, you really haven't changed" i say, cringing a little at the thought of being followed by a little purple boy. "anyway, you need to go and pretend you never saw me!"

"i'll do it for a kiss" he forms his lips to receive a kiss but i raise my hand to his face and thorns come out.

"mineta... " i warn.

"i was gonna do it anyway!" he sighs. "like you said, i'm not even supposed to be over here."

"okay well bye!" i shoo him off and pull down the shades for that window and the others that are more see-through. i wonder if the others are the same too. mineta didn't seem mad but that's because we hardly ever talked unless it was needed like school work.

i need to be more careful but i've been having this... curious feeling. to see them.

stop i can't think like that!

my mind keeps lingering to the thought of them that when i see a blond or a brunette, i do a double take but it's not them.

i stare at the herbs. i'm thinking risky thoughts.

-

dad picked me up as usual and we ate dinner. it was lively as the neighbors came over because dad really wanted us to get along with the block.

mahoro later told me that katsuma was trying to sneak off to see the students and honestly i don't blame him. i'm up in my room and just waiting for it to get late.

i fight with the voice in my head that keeps telling to stay home. i should stay home. this isn't right. i left for a reason! this is dangerous! i'm fine now and doing this is going to mess everything up!

so why i am climbing out the window?

my diy rope hangs out and slowly i descend down. once my feet hit the ground, my body freezes to make sure no loud noises were made.

the crickets and cicadas sound as i make my way out of my neighborhood. it's a lot more scarier at night, less streetlights and people which was a big thing to adapt to. good thing i brought a flashlight. i see the familiar house of the dorm and i go up to the gate.

the lights are still on inside. why are they up so late? my lips grow into a smile at the thought of iida shouting at the others to go to sleep and the importance of an eight hour sleep. uraraka and the girls getting ready for bed and the boys on their phones playing mobile games with each other.

if i can just see one of them... just a glance. the slide door suddenly opens so i duck more. the person walks out to the railing and goes on their phone. the moonlight bounces off their hair almost like a white color.

it's bakugou.

my heart speeds up at the sight of my friend. i'm so lucky that it's bakugou who came out. my eyes stare right at him in anticipation as if he can read my mind and find me in the shadows.

i just want to say hi, just to know they're okay and so they know i'm okay.

"look over here" i whisper. i scrape up small pebbles and dirt that are right under me and i throw them through the gate. it's not really loud but his eyes glance to the side and my eyes widen.

his eyes linger for a while until i see his mouth open.

did he see me?!

my smile turns into a frown as i see him retreat back into the house.