44

i turn back to see todoroki's hand in the villain's mouth and tsui and iida holding down the villain.

the villain roars as todoroki activates his ice quirk to freeze him. iida and tsui are thrown to each other and i see blood spill. i cover my mouth, distraught.

my foot hits the hot bark over and over to move it enough for me to slip by. i can feel the heat through my shoe but i keep going.

"freeze!" todoroki screams. his body even starts icing up and the villain is completely frosted. i see him fall to the ground. i scrape through the burning tree, getting scratches and small burns.

"tsui! iida!" i yell. i run to them and thankfully hear them breathing. kirishima pants in victory and i hesitate to put my hands on them. i slowly approach todoroki and hear him mumbling something.

"midoriya... bakugou..." he's still iced and i kneel down. his current state makes me vulnerable as the feeling of concern grows. his eye lands on me before it flutters shut.

"shoto..." a mush of different feelings flow through me and i sigh. i stand back up and face the direction of the fight with nine. my eyes glance to todoroki's passed out face before running head first into the forest fire.

-

my legs take me as close it can to the castle ruins and i go blind momentarily from a huge flash of lightning. i drop my empty water bottle.

"w... what the hell?" i mutter, seeing gloomy clouds just appear out of nowhere. my eyes see nine walking closer to shoji with mahoro and katsuma and shoji shortly leaves. where are deku and bakugou?!

i follow shoji and i see nine attacking him with purple lasers. his skin gets wounded badly and he is defeated... and jiro and eijiro.

"katsuma! mahoro!" i yell, seeing just them and nine alone. "katsuma!"

my legs shake but i try to get closer to them.

"come over here!" i call to them but they stare at me, shaking and crying. they're frozen in fear. nine's eyes lock on me and he raises his hand to shoot purple lasers. i barely dodge them as he tries to shoot them all around them. suddenly, mahoro stands up and runs towards nine. my heart drops to my stomach.

"stop! get away from my brother and y/n! go away!" mahoro screams, banging on nine's body. nine grabs mahoro by the neck and holds her up.

"stop! let her go!" i reach katsuma and use my quirk to spring out vines filled with thorns that reaches nine's hand. i clench my hand to make it tighter. "let her go!"

his other hand grabs my vine and yanks it forward. his strength catches me off guard as i'm dragged through the dirt. he rips the vine off his hand and continues to yank me forward, closer and closer until i'm almost at his feet. i grab ahold of my vine and rip it out, hurting me. that doesn't stop nine as he wraps the vine around my own neck and tightens it. the thorns enter my neck and i gasp in agony.

"unless you want your sister and this girl to die, you'll come here right now" nine says, hoarsely.

"no! katsuma!" mahoro cries.

"help me turn my dream into a reality" his voice sounds like he's in pain. someone save katsuma!

katsuma's legs shake as he starts to run towards nine, crying.

"run away!" i demand but the grip on me gets tighter. before nine can lay a finger on katsuma, a flash of green punches nine, letting his grip go on me and mahoro. me and her go flying but we're caught by bakugou. he sets us down and mahoro smiles.

"bakugou! you're alive!"

"weren't you listening? i'm gonna be the number one hero and end up better than any pro hero... even all might," his eyes stay on the villain but they glance at me. "i'll yell at you later."

nine emerges from the dust making deku and bakugou go into a starting stance.

"get out of here!" deku demands. i take the hands of mahoro and katsuma and we run back.

"y/n... your neck!" katsuma points out. i feel the blood but i keep going. a huge explosions go on and we're sent flying until i grab onto a boulder. i pull the kids close to me.

"hold on!" i yell. we hide behind the rock and i shut my eyes. i peek behind the rock and see a tornado has formed. what kind of quirks does nine have?! lightning shoots out from the tornado so often we have no choice but to stay behind the rock.

it's destroying everything and the civilians are still here.

everyone is still here.